Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Alumni, Prospective Students, New/Incoming Students, Guests
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
In early 2007, the iPhone didn't exist. Today, mobile device users represent the second-largest group of visitors to the BU web. Over one-quarter of all visitors to bu.edu websites are using a mobile device. Given this rapid growth, we have created BU Mobile Apps, a suite of applications for the iPhone. BU Mobile Apps for iPhone features BU Mobile which includes the University's calendar, maps, directory, course descriptions, and live tracking of the BU Shuttle. BU Mobile also includes an "Emergency" feature, which provides quick access to the BU Police Department and other emergency service providers.
From the palm of your hand, you can enjoy the convenience and benefits of anytime, anywhere, mobile access to some of the most important and most used applications and information sources at BU.
- BU Mobile
- Track the BUS - view the schedule and see the current location and route of each bus with the new BUS module
- Phone numbers - call phone numbers that appear in event descriptions, etc.
- Email addresses - send mail to addresses that appear in events, the directory, etc.
- Contacts list - add entries directly from the directory to your contacts list
- Favorites - save any item to your favorites list
- Emergency - call or text BUPD; call Student Health Services, the Sexual Assault Response & Prevention Center, or Escort Security Services
An iOS device
To start using BU Mobile Apps for iPhone:
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for Boston University, or go directly to the download pages:
- BU Mobile: https://itunes.com/apps/bumobile.
- Download and install the free apps.