ACS provides access to UNIX computing and a variety of licensed software packages, such as SAS, used in coursework and research.
ACS is also the host of some legacy Boston University email accounts. Those who still have an email account hosted on ACS can access it via www.bu.edu/webmail, through a desktop client, or with a mobile device.
- Must have a BU ID number
- Must have a current and active status with the University, determined and verified by Human Resources or the Registrar
- All individuals must read and agree to the University Conditions of Use and Policy on Computing Ethics.
ACS accounts required for use of the UNIX-based applications that run on ACS may be requested through the IT Help Center. Submit a Help request or call 617-353-HELP (4357).
- Email – for those who have a legacy account hosted on ACS.
- Disk quota – your affiliation determines how much you start with.
- MyACS – view your disk quota allocation and usage.
- Request disk quota increases – ask for more space when you need it.
- ACS/UNIX support – documentation is available for anyone interested in UNIX computing and accessing Matlab, Mathematica, SAS, SPSS, and other software on ACS.