Meet Our Alumni
- David Lubars COM (’80), Chairman/ Chief Creative Officer, BBDO North America
- Nancy Livingston (’69), Advertising consultant
- Fred Conover (’81), President/ Partner, Conover Tuttle Pace
- Jonathan Yohannan (’96), Vice President, Cone Inc
- Chris Drury (’77), President, Drury Design Dynamics
The advertising program at BU is the best professionally oriented advertising department in the country. Students who complete their studies in advertising will receive a Bachelor of Science in Communication. The degree program is designed to give students a broad introduction to the major areas of communication with a concentration in advertising. Because the majority of the student’s courses will be taken in areas outside of communication, a liberal arts education is also provided. The communication curriculum focuses on research, writing and developing ad campaigns. Graduates will be prepared for careers in advertising agencies and other media companies.
There is ample opportunity to obtain professional experience in advertising while completing your degree. Boston is the nation’s fifth-largest media market and home to countless communication organizations. Students also have the opportunity to participate in AdLab, the first and largest full-service, student-run advertising agency in the world. Professional experience and rigorous coursework give students the skills necessary to begin successful careers upon graduation.