Recognizing outstanding seniors.
The annual COM Blue Chip Awards are given to outstanding College of Communication seniors who are leaders at Boston University, the College of Communication, and in the community. Award winners have demonstrated talents in their areas of interest, are involved in professional activities and internships, and have excelled in the classroom. The Blue Chip Awards are the most prestigious undergraduate student honor conferred by the College of Communication.
Students self-nominate for the Blue Chip Award. Blue Chip Award applicants are required to:
- Be a January 2023, May 2023 or August 2023 undergraduate graduate of the Boston University, College of Communication
- Have a minimum overall GPA of a 3.30 or better
- Complete the web-based application form (see below)
- Submit your most current resume
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a COM professor (from the department to which you are applying for the award)
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an internship supervisor
While only one letter of recommendation from a faculty member and one letter of recommendation from an internship supervisor is required, students may submit more if they choose (no more than two from each, please).
While COM Undergraduate Affairs manages the Blue Chip Award application process, the College of Communication’s three academic departments select the Blue Chip Award recipients:
- Film and Television
- Mass Communication, Advertising and Public Relations
Students who are COM double majors should apply to only one COM academic department (choose the best fit, or the department that you feel best gives you an opportunity for a Blue Chip award).
Letters of recommendation must be received by Kayla Timmins, Administrator of COM Undergraduate Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 11:59 P.M. on Monday, March 13, 2023.
An applicant’s resume can be uploaded as part of the web-form, or emailed to Kayla Timmins (email@example.com) by the deadline at 11:59 P.M. on Monday, March 13, 2023.
All Blue Chip Award application materials, including submitting the web based form, must be submitted and received by Kayla Timmins no later than 11:59 P.M. Boston time on Monday, March 13, 2023.
Our application deadline is firm, late or incomplete applications will not be considered for an award.