We encourage interested COM students to nominate themselves, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The Erin Victoria Edwards Award for Leadership Excellence in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will be given to College of Communication seniors and graduate students who are outstanding leaders in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) at Boston University, the College of Communication, and in the community. Erin Victoria Edwards is a former student of Boston University College of Communication, who showed outstanding leadership through her DEI initiatives.
Award winners will have demonstrated strong leadership work in the field of DEI as related to their major fields of study, professional activities and internships, in the classroom, or in their communities at large. This is a prestigious undergraduate student honor conferred by the DEI Committee of the College of Communication.
Students who wish to be considered for The Erin Victoria Edwards Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion may nominate themselves if they meet the following criteria:
- Intend to graduate from Boston University College of Communication in January 2022, May 2022, or September 2022.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Complete the web-based application form (see below).
- Submit your most current resume that outlines relevant DEI involvement.
- Submit a personal essay outlining your commitment to and involvement in DEI work.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation from a mentor familiar with your DEI work.
Submissions will be evaluated by a subcommittee of The COM Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, comprised of student peers and at least one faculty or staff member. Students who wish to nominate themselves for the award will not be eligible to judge the award recipients. The subcommittee will select up to one winner from each department at the Undergraduate level, and one overall winner at the Graduate level. Undergraduate students pursuing a COM double major should indicate in their personal essay the department through which they choose to apply (only one department per application is allowed).
- All materials must be received by the Committee at email@example.com on Friday, March 25 at 11:00 pm.
- An applicant’s resume and personal essay can be uploaded as part of the web-form or emailed to the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the final deadline on Friday, March 25 at 11:00 pm.
- Letters of Recommendations should be emailed directly to the Committee at email@example.com no later than the final deadline on Friday, March 25 at 11:00 pm.