If You Have a Qualified Change in Status

If you have a qualified change in status (e.g., marriage, divorce, birth, adoption) during the year that affects your Health Plan, you should notify Human Resources immediately to report the change and submit a completed Flexible Benefit Plan Mid-Year Changes Certification Statement. Any forms must be completed and received by Human Resources within 30 calendar days of the qualified change in status. You may also be required to provide evidence of the qualified change in status, such as a birth certificate, marriage license, or divorce decree. Qualified changes in your family or enrollment status include:

  • Marriage
  • Birth or adoption of a child
  • Your dependent child attaining age 26
  • Change in dependent care provider, or cost, or coverage
  • Start or loss of your spouse‚Äôs employment
  • Change in employment status (for you or your spouse) from part-time to full-time or from full-time to part-time
  • Divorce
  • Death of your spouse or other dependent
  • Salary loss due to disability
  • Retirement
  • Your death
  • Unpaid leave of absence for you or your spouse
  • Termination of your employment with Boston University