Compensation provides the Boston University community with guidance, tools, and support for pay practices and procedures. Compensation supports the University in attracting, recognizing, and retaining talent by providing effective pay programs and administration. The department works with leaders and managers across the University to ensure informed decision-making, internal equity, external competitiveness, and alignment with organizational objectives at the school, department, and University levels. Responsibilities of the department include, but are not limited to:
- Design, implementation, and administration of an up-to-date compensation structure
- Job analysis and classification of staff positions, including compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Market analysis of positions to ensure equitable and competitive pay
- Instruct and advise on compensation-related definitions, practices, and legal requirements
- Ensure compliance with pay-related legal and regulatory requirements
For more information, please contact the Compensation team.