Part-Time Employee Perks
- Boston University Health Plan: You are eligible to enroll if you have at least a 9 month assignment and you work at least 50% of a full-time schedule. There are two health plan options from which to choose.
- Boston University Dental Health Plan: You are eligible to enroll if you have at least a 9 month assignment and you work at least 50% of a full-time schedule. There are two dental plan options from which to choose.
- Boston University Retirement Plan:The University more than matches the employee-required contribution based on age and salary for employees who have a normal work schedule of at least 50% of a full-time schedule, and have completed two years of service with the University.
- Boston University Supplemental Retirement & Savings Plan: You can contribute to selected low-cost investment options available through the University on a pre-tax or Roth basis.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Day Care: A pre-tax benefit for eligible expenses related to the care of qualified dependents and/or eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses.
- Agganis Arena: A special offer for BU faculty and staff on Agganis Arena Premium Club memberships.
- Art Museums: BU faculty and staff can obtain passes to several Boston area art museums.
- Auto/Homeowner’s Insurance: Auto and home insurance at competitive discounted rates.
- Barnes & Noble @ BU: A 10 percent discount on general trade books and most merchandise.
- Boston Symphony Orchestra College Card: Receive a half-price ticket for more than 20 concerts and open rehearsals by presenting the BSO College Card at Symphony Hall’s box office.
- DASH for Health Nutrition Program: Online nutrition and weight loss program that is free to all Boston University employees and up to three of their adult household members.
- Faculty & Staff Assistance: Confidential counseling and referral services for employees and family members.
- Fitness & Recreation Center: Eligibility for memberships.
- Headspace Mindfulness App: Free to all BU employees.
- Income Solutions: Access to an income annuity purchase program.
- Maxifi Planner: Two versions of the Maxifi Planner Financial Planning Tool are available.
- Maximize My Social Security: Software available to help you decide when to start taking your Social Security benefits.
- On-Campus Parking and MBTA Passes: Choose the parking permit that best meets your needs and apply online (evening instructors may obtain no-charge evening parking permits with a co-signed application from their department). Review the MBTA pass options and apply online (while there is no discount, deductions up to $240/month are taken out pre-tax).
- Personal Mobile Phones: A 15 percent discount on personal mobile phone accounts for most plans.
- Real Estate and Rental Properties: The Real Estate Advantage benefit provides a cash-back bonus on the purchase or sale of a property (depending on the property’s value) and mortgage credits (depending on the mortgage loan amount). The Boston University Rental Property Management office leases apartments owned by Boston University to current faculty and staff.
- Sullivan Tire & Auto Service: A 10 percent discount is offered on parts and labor, excluding sale items.
- Zipcar: Discounted Zipcar memberships are available.