Lisa Sullivan is the Associate Dean for Education at the School of Public Health. She has a PhD in Statistics and is Professor of Biostatistics and former Chair of the Department of Biostatistics. She teaches Biostatistics and Quantitative Methods for Public Health and was instrumental in developing a minor program in public health which is open to undergraduate students at Boston University. She served as Principal Investigator of the Summer Institute for Training in Biostatistics from 2003-2015, which was designed to promote interest in the field of biostatistics and its many exciting career opportunities. Lisa is co-author of a textbook entitled Introductory Applied Biostatistics, author of Essentials of Biostatistics in Public Health (currently in its third edition) and Editor-in-Chief of the Encyclopedia of Clinical Trials. She is the recipient of numerous teaching awards for excellence in teaching, including the Association for Schools of Public Health/Pfizer Award for Teaching Excellence. Lisa is a senior statistician on the Framingham Heart Study working primarily in developing and disseminating cardiovascular risk functions. She has expertise in multidisciplinary research projects including a variety of projects in cardiovascular disease, a large epidemiological study to assess the association between alcohol exposure in pregnancy and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), studies to improve methods for prenatal diagnosis and a clinical trial to improve repetitive behaviors in children affected with autism.
- Professor, Biostatistics - Boston University School of Public Health
- - Boston Medical Center
- Member, Evans Center for Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research - Boston University
- Boston University, PhD Field of Study: Mathematics
- Boston University, MA Field of Study: Mathematics
- University of New Hampshire, BA Field of Study: Mathematics
- Published on 8/2/2021
Odendaal H, Dukes KA, Elliott AJ, Willinger M, Sullivan LM, Tripp T, Groenewald C, Myers MM, Fifer WP, Angal J, Boyd TK, Burd L, Cotton JB, Folkerth RD, Hankins G, Haynes RL, Hoffman HJ, Jacobs PK, Petersen J, Pini N, Randall BB, Roberts DJ, Robinson F, Sens MA, Van Eerden P, Wright C, Holm IA, Kinney HC. Association of Prenatal Exposure to Maternal Drinking and Smoking With the Risk of Stillbirth. JAMA Netw Open. 2021 08 02; 4(8):e2121726. PMID: 34424306.
- Published on 7/5/2021
Childs E, Remein CD, Bhasin RM, Harris AC, Day A, Sullivan LM, Coleman DL, Benjamin EJ. How to Launch and Continually Enhance an Effective Medical Campus Faculty Development Program: Steps for Implementation and Lessons Learned. J Healthc Leadersh. 2021; 13:147-156. PMID: 34262383.
- Published on 7/1/2021
Sullivan LM, Galea S. Valuing teaching in academic public health-time for a culture shift. Lancet Public Health. 2021 07; 6(7):e443-e444. PMID: 34174996.
- Published on 9/17/2020
London B, Ahmad F, Eitzman DT, Gupta AK, Jneid H, Peterson P, Remme CA, Rice K, Schelbert EB, Simon MA, Sullivan LM, Weinberg JM. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusiveness in Medicine and Cardiology: Next Steps for JAHA. J Am Heart Assoc. 2020 10 20; 9(20):e019307. PMID: 32941090.
- Published on 9/17/2020
Simon MA, Ahmad F, Eitzman DT, Gupta AK, Jneid H, Peterson P, Remme CA, Rice K, Schelbert EB, Sullivan LM, Weinberg JM. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusiveness in Cardiovascular Medicine and Health Care. J Am Heart Assoc. 2020 10 20; 9(20):e019137. PMID: 32941102.
- Published on 9/1/2020
Sullivan LM, Velez AA, Galea S. Graduate public health education in the post-COVID-19 era. Lancet Public Health. 2020 09; 5(9):e473. PMID: 32888441.
- Published on 3/15/2020
Lisa M Sullivan. Biostatistics for Population Health. Jones & Bartlett. Burlington. 2020.
- Published on 1/20/2020
Elliott AJ, Kinney HC, Haynes RL, Dempers JD, Wright C, Fifer WP, Angal J, Boyd TK, Burd L, Burger E, Folkerth RD, Groenewald C, Hankins G, Hereld D, Hoffman HJ, Holm IA, Myers MM, Nelsen LL, Odendaal HJ, Petersen J, Randall BB, Roberts DJ, Robinson F, Schubert P, Sens MA, Sullivan LM, Tripp T, Van Eerden P, Wadee S, Willinger M, Zaharie D, Dukes KA. Concurrent prenatal drinking and smoking increases risk for SIDS: Safe Passage Study report. EClinicalMedicine. 2020 Feb; 19:100247. PMID: 32140668.
- Published on 5/22/2019
Conner SC, Sullivan LM, Benjamin EJ, LaValley MP, Galea S, Trinquart L. Adjusted restricted mean survival times in observational studies. Stat Med. 2019 09 10; 38(20):3832-3860. PMID: 31119770.
- Published on 1/1/2019
Lisa M Sullivan and Sandro Galea. Teaching Public Health. Johns Hopkins University Press. Baltimore. 2019.
News & In the Media
- Published on December 10, 2021
- Published on October 7, 2021
- Published on June 25, 2021
- Published on April 23, 2021
- Published on June 19, 2020
- Published on April 15, 2020
- Published on April 10, 2020
- Published on January 23, 2020
- Published on January 7, 2020
- Published on November 1, 2019
- Published on October 29, 2019
- Published on September 27, 2019
- Published on September 6, 2019
- Published on July 30, 2019
- Published on October 25, 2018
- Published on August 24, 2018
- Published on April 11, 2018
- Published on April 3, 2018
- Published on March 29, 2018
- Published on March 23, 2018
- Published on September 17, 2017
- Published on June 21, 2017
- Published on March 24, 2017
- Published on March 18, 2017
- Published on December 7, 2016
- Published on October 27, 2016
- Published on September 8, 2016
- Published on April 11, 2016
- Published on February 17, 2016