No matter where you live, when you graduated, or what you’re doing now, take advantage of the Career & Practicum Office — for yourself or your organization.
Let us help you with a career move or transition
The Career & Practicum Office offers all of these resources:
Individual career counseling
- Individual career counseling. Our public health career experts can work with you to strategize and develop a successful career plan, in person, by video or phone. We’re open 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday–Thursday and until 5 p.m. on Friday, but we’re happy to accommodate appointments off-hours. To schedule an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your resume, a job description your interested in, if applicable, and your scheduling availability.
- Career training workshops and guest presentations. Check out SPH Handshake for upcoming on-campus workshops and special events.
- Professional development webinars. Check out the BU Alumni Association’s Professional Development Webinar Series which showcases BU alumni, faculty, and friends offering one-hour presentations and discussions on a wide variety of topics aimed at assisting BU alumni in their lives and careers.
- Job postings and career resource library. Log into our online job-posting system, SPH Handshake, for public health job listings and more.
- Access to alumni networks. SPH alumni cover the globe and every sector of public health. They’re a terrific resource for information and networking. Learn how to connect with other alums.
Find great candidates for jobs, practicums or internships
Is your organization looking for talented candidates? Look to SPH for top students with outstanding public health training. There are several ways we partner with employers, including our annual Career Fair and Internship and Practicum Expo — perfect recruiting opportunities. For more information, please email Lisa Toby, Assistant Dean, Career Engagement.
Share your expertise with SPH students
Join the many alumni who participate in career-related volunteer activities and panels throughout the year. Our students love learning from your expertise and professional experience, and we appreciate the chance to expose them to diverse career paths. To learn more, please email Lisa Toby, Assistant Dean, Career Engagement.