black women’s health study
Black Women’s Lupus Risk Increases with Smoking, Decreases with Moderate Drinking
Consistent with research on white and Asian women, black women’s risk of lupus increased with increased smoking, while drinking four or more alcoholic drinks per week associated with 57 percent decrease in lupus risk.
traumatic brain injury
Contact Sports Associated with Lewy Body Disease
Athletes who play contact sports associated with repetitive head impacts, such as football and ice hockey, may be at increased risk for Lewy body disease, which can cause Parkinson’s.
External Economic and Policy Changes Influence Use of VA Services
Unemployment and increased housing costs drive up utilization, while Medicaid expansion drives it down.
After Massachusetts Policy Change, Homeless Children Seek Shelter at ER
Hundreds of homeless youth visit Boston Medical Center’s pediatric emergency department to qualify for shelter after 2012 policy change, costing more than shelter itself.
- Published On 8/1/2018Bachman Responds.American journal of public healthread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2018Long-term yogurt consumption and risk of incident hypertension in adults.Journal of hypertensionread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2018Is 30-Day Posthospitalization Mortality Lower Among Racial/Ethnic Minorities?: A Reexamination.Medical careread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2018The Potential of Glycemic Control and Body Weight Change as Early Markers for Pancreatic Cancer in Patients With Long-standing Diabetes Mellitus: A Case-Control Study.Pancreasread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2018In reply.The international journal of tuberculosis and lung disease : the official journal of the International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Diseaseread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2018Mortality Measures to Profile Hospital Performance for Patients With Septic Shock.Critical care medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 7/15/2018Future Research Directions in Pneumonia. NHLBI Working Group Report.American journal of respiratory and critical care medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 7/13/2018FDG-PET/CT activity leads to the diagnosis of unsuspected TB: a retrospective study.BMC research notesread at PubMed
- Published On 7/13/2018Impact of Intervention to Improve Nursing Home Resident-Staff Interactions and Engagement.The Gerontologistread at PubMed
- Published On 7/13/2018Protein Biomarkers of Cardiovascular Disease and Mortality in the Community.Journal of the American Heart Associationread at PubMed