How to Give.
SPH provides a number of opportunities for alumni and friends to support the School. Your investment enables the School to recruit world-class faculty, attract highly talented students, support research initiatives, and expand resources for the entire School community.
To give online, please visit the SPH giving website.
To give by mail, To pay by mail with a check:
- Make your check payable to Trustees of Boston University.
- On the check’s memo line or in an attached note, specify how you would like to designate your gift. If you do not include a designation, your gift will be used for the general teaching, research, and public service initiatives of Boston University.
- Mail your gift to Boston University Gifts & Records, 595 Commonwealth Ave., Suite 700, West Entrance, Boston, MA 02215
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees – doubling or even tripling the impact! Check with your HR department on this policy. Organizations that have supported SPH in the past through this program include Ben and Jerry’s Foundation, Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Duke Energy Corporation, General Re Corporation, Merck & Company, Inc., Pzifer, Inc., UnitedHealth Group, and W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
Gifts of Securities
Donors who own appreciated securities (held for over 12 months) can make a gift of securities to SPH. The donor can claim a charitable income-tax deduction for the full value of the stock. In doing so, donors can avoid the associated capital gains tax had they sold the shares. To make a gift of securities, please contact Judie Norris at 617-353-6347 or email@example.com.
There are different ways to make a planned gift to the School. Donors may fund a planned gift through:
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Deferred Gift Annuities
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Estate Planning
- Life Insurance Policy
For more information about ways of giving to SPH, please contact us.