As a new employee, you are eligible to participate in a variety of outstanding benefit programs. Boston University offers regular full- or part-time employees working at least 75 percent time a generous benefits package that includes the following programs.
- Health: You have the option of selecting from three comprehensive health plans: Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, Network Blue New England, and BU Health Savings Plan. Choose the plan that best fits your and your family’s needs.
- Dental: You may select from two dental plans: The BU Dental Health Center Plan or Dental Blue Freedom.
- Disability: You are eligible for long-term disability plan, which is fully paid by the University.
- Reimbursement Accounts: Boston University offers you two reimbursement accounts: Health Care Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement. Use pre-tax dollars and save on your expenses.
- Retirement: Even though you just joined as a new employee, it’s important for you to save for your retirement through BU’s retirement plans.
- Life Insurance: Protect your family financially in the event of your death.
- Accident Insurance: Accident insurance covers you in case of death or injury while you’re traveling on University business.
- Tuition Remission: Take advantage of our world-class education. Both you and your dependents are eligible for Boston University tuition benefits.
- Paid Time Off: BU offers a generous paid time off plan, which includes vacation time, sick days, holidays, and intersession.
You will receive details about the benefits for which you and your dependents are eligible at your orientation session. For more information and to learn about a specific benefit plan, visit Benefits.