Eligible Boston University employees—and their families—have access to a variety of outstanding benefit programs:
- Health: You can select from two comprehensive health plans (Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and the BU Health Savings Plan). Choose the plan that best fits your needs.
- Dental: You may select from two dental plans (the BU Dental Health Center Plan or Dental Blue Freedom).
- Disability: You are eligible for a long-term disability plan, fully paid by the University.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Boston University offers two options, Flexible Spending Account (Health Care) and Flexible Spending Account (Dependent Care). Use pre-tax dollars and save on your expenses.
- Retirement: Even new employees save for the future through BU’s retirement plans.
- Life Insurance: Protect your family in the event of your death.
- Accident Insurance: Accident insurance covers you in case of death or injury while traveling on University business.
- Tuition Remission: Take advantage of a world-class Boston University education with valuable tuition benefits.
- Paid Time Off: BU offers a generous paid time off plan, which includes vacation time, sick days, holidays, and Intersession.
When you attend orientation, you will receive details about eligibility for specific benefits. To learn more about any University benefit, visit the links above.