Staff Senate Mission Statement
The Staff Senate represents the interests of the staff in order to strengthen relationships and foster a climate that promotes and empowers staff to participate in the shared governance of Boston University School of Public Health (BUSPH). Its purpose is to consider and act, as appropriate, on all matters affecting professional concerns of staff. The Staff Senate shall promote the exchange of information and provide a forum for expressing views on matters relating to personal and professional well-being, staff development, school culture, community and SPH and University policies.
Staff Senate Officers
Denise Joseph, Chair
Sam Rosenberg, Vice Chair
Ashely Scott, Administrative Officer
Organization by Units
The different departments of the school are divided into units, as listed below. Each unit shall elect one representative from its staff, for a total of 8 unit representatives.
- Unit 1 – Education: Denise Joseph
- Unit 2 – Central: Kelly Culnan
- Unit 3 – BEDAC: Emily Sisson, Chair
- Unit 4 – Biostatistics and Epidemiology: Samuel Rosenberg
- Unit 5 – Community Health Sciences: Emilio Loret de Mola
- Unit 6 – Environmental Health: Selene Vences
- Unit 7 – Global Health: Heatherly Mitch
- Unit 8- Health Law, Policy & Management: Skylar Karzhevsky
- Staff Senate At Large Members
- Eric Delgizzo
- Aboli Goghari
If you are interested in learning more about any of the sub-committees please reach out to the Staff Senate Chair or email@example.com
Meeting Schedule & Minutes
Meetings are held from 11:00am until 12:30pm the first Tuesday of each month unless holidays shift this date.
Tuesday, December 14, 2023 11-12:20
- October 12: Begin accepting nomination letters
- October 26: Nomination letters due to Unit Representative (for unit reps) OR to the Vice Chair (At-large rep)
- November 1-10: Polls are open!
- Unit elections will happen within Units. At-large polling will be hosted on Staff Senate website.
- November 16: Newly elected representatives to be announced during School Assembly
- November 18: Staff Senate Meeting to include all incoming and outgoing representatives
- December 16: Staff Senate Meeting first meeting of “new” Senate