Staff Senate Mission Statement
The Staff Senate represents the interests of the staff in order to strengthen relationships and foster a climate that promotes and empowers staff to participate in the shared governance of Boston University School of Public Health (BUSPH.) Its purpose is to consider and act, as appropriate, on all matters affecting professional concerns of staff. The Staff Senate shall promote the exchange of information and provide a forum for expressing views on matters relating to personal and professional well-being, staff development, school culture, community and SPH and University policies.
Staff Senate Officers
Nick Gooler, Chair
Digital Media Producer
Office of Graduate Student Life
Research Fellow, Global Health
Organization by Units
The different departments of the school are divided into units, as listed below. Each unit shall elect one representative from its staff, for a total of 12 unit representatives.
- Unit 1- Admissions, Education Initiatives, Graduate Student Life, Practice : Mahogany Price (Vice Chair)
- Unit 2- Lifelong Learning: Nick Gooler (Chair)
- Unit 3- Research, Administration & Finance, Career & Practicum Office: Eric Delgizzo (Interim Rep.)
- Unit 4- Dean’s Office, Development & Alumni Relations, Marketing & Communications: Jackie Bowes (Interim Rep.)
- Unit 5-BEDAC: Ahmad Yassine
- Unit 6- Department of Biostatistics: Kaitlyn Grevera
- Unit 7- Department of Community Health Sciences: Maria Bakas
- Unit 8- Department of Environmental Health: Maria Costa
- Unit 9- Department of Epidemiology: Shelley Barnes (Interim Rep.)
- Unit 10- Department of Global Health: Laura Badgett
- Unit 11- Center for Health Law, Ethics and Human Rights, and Department of Health Law, Policy, and Management: Blake Ferris
- Staff Senate At Large Members
- Andreee Entezari
- Alyana Ladha
- Lunise Joseph
- Lyse Fedjanie Barronville
In addition to the unit representatives, up to 5 at-large members will also be elected by the BUSPH staff for a total of 17 Senate members.
If you are interested in learning more about any of the sub-committees please reach out to the Staff Senate Chair or email@example.com
Meeting Schedule & Minutes
- October 13: Begin accepting nomination letters
- October 27: Nomination letters due to Unit Representative (for unit reps) OR to the Vice Chair (At-large rep)
- November 2-10: Polls are open!
- Unit elections will happen within Units. At-large polling will be hosted on Staff Senate website.
- November 17: Newly elected representatives to be announced during School Assembly
- November 18 Staff Senate Meeting to include all incoming and outgoing representatives
- December 19 Staff Senate Meeting first meeting of “new” Senate