- E-Mail Address: All retiring faculty and staff are able to keep their BU e-mail address. Note that all retirees with a BU email address must transfer to www.bu.edu/google unless otherwise specified by retiree to another email address. E-mail question to IST, 617-353-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- BU Terrier Cards: May be obtained by retiree at the Human Resource Office, 25 Buick Street, 2nd floor. (You must have your card in order to take advantage of the resources and perks offered)
- Wireless Discount for Verizon: There is a 15% discount on data and 25% discount on accessories through Verizon for a BU retiree who has an active BU email address and valid Terrier Card. For more information call 617-353-4357.
- Parking: A discount of 50% off the posted rate, is available all day at the following parking locations when there is no Agganis Arena event:
- Agganis Arena, 925 Commonwealth Avenue surface lot (C-2) and garage (Lot A)
- Langsam Garage, 278 Babcock Street (Lot B)
This discount is also available at attended Central Campus parking facilities after 2:30 p.m. weekdays, even during Fenway Park event parking, but excludes the following commercial parking locations:
- Kenmore Lot, 549 Commonwealth Avenue (Lot O)
- Granby Lot, 665 Commonwealth Avenue (Lot N)
Note: You are required to present your ID card to the lot/garage attendant upon arrival to obtain the alumni discount (50% off the posted rate).
Please call Parking & Transportation Services weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. if you require additional information.
- BU Bookstore (Barnes & Noble): Retiree will receive a 10% discount on purchases
- Evergreen Programs: Receive program announcements as well as discounts on courses. For more information go to: bu.edu/evergreen or call 617-358-1350
- Metro Credit Union: If you’re not already a member, you can join at any time
- Libraries: Use and borrowing privileges are granted at Mugar Memorial Library to members who have obtained Emeritus status. Please call ahead if you would like to use other libraries on campus to determine use and borrowing privileges
- Athletics: You pay the current faculty rate for all BU athletic events
- Dental Health: 10% discount will be offered only to a retiree and their spouse at all clinics affiliated with the Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, including: the Dental Health Center on the 7th floor of 100 East Newton Street; the Dental Health Center at 930 Commonwealth Avenue; the Boston University Oral Surgery Group Practice; and, all pre-doctoral and post-doctoral clinics. This discount is not available in combination with existing insurance coverage or other discounts. You are required to present your retiree ID to the front desk staff at any appointment to receive the appropriate discount
- The BU Women’s Guild: Retirees pay the discounted rate of $25 to join. Members enjoy speakers, lunch and many other events during the year. Refer to their website: www.bu.edu/womensguild for events and registration
- Facility Reservations: $500 discount to reserve, e.g., The Castle, and The Trustees Center. For information call BU Events & Conferences, 617-353-3520 and select Reservations when prompted. A retiree is able to go to the Pub at the Castle with a guest provided they have a Terrier ID Card
- Travel Program: Retirees can participate in the alumni travel program or events by visiting www.bu.edu/alumni/travel or call 800-323-7373