Visiting the Libraries
Who Can Visit
Current Boston University faculty, students, and staff with a valid BU ID can visit our branches. All BU community members must swipe or display ID upon entry.
When to Visit in Person
- If you received an email that your BU Libraries 2 Go request or interlibrary loan materials are ready for pickup
- Looking for a space to study? See information about study spaces at BU Libraries
- Looking for a computers and printers? See available technology and changes to these services
Try Online First
We have expanded our online service delivery and may be able to help you without a visit to one of our branches.
What to Expect
- Bring your BU ID card for access to all branches. All members of the BU community are required to swipe their BU ID card to gain entry to Mugar Memorial Library; other branches require showing your BU ID to a staff member at entry.
- Face coverings are required for entry and must be worn at all times in the building.
- At Mugar, all of your research needs our now located at a single Library Services Desk.
- Patrons are expected to follow the BU Libraries Code of Conduct.
- Refer to Back2BU for complete information on safety and guides on return to campus.
This page last updated: January 13, 2022.