Study Abroad: Madrid
The BU Madrid program is part of Boston University Study Abroad
Depending on which program you choose, classes are taught either at the IIE (Instituto Internacional en España), the UAM (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid), or ICAI (Universidad Pontificia de Comillas), all highly respected institutions.
- The Madrid Internship Program (offered in the Fall, Spring, and Summer Semesters), the Madrid Spanish and European Studies Program (Fall and Spring Semesters), and the Madrid Spanish Studies Program (Summer Semester) all take place at the International Institute.
- In 1982 the IIE (Instituto Internacional en España) was declared a historic monument. Home to the offices, classrooms, and other facilities of the BU Madrid Programs, it is located in the heart of Madrid.
- The IIE hosts the American Space Madrid, the result of collaboration between the U.S. Embassy and the International Institute. The ASM has programs in five major areas: teaching and learning English, educational orientation for students interested in studying in the U.S., cultural programs, alumni programs (participants of the Department of State exchange programs), and information about the United States.
- The IIE has an excellent lending library, cafeteria, auditorium, computer lab, and wireless Internet access for students using laptop computers. The Institute routinely hosts colloquiums, concerts, seminars, and film cycles that focus on arts, humanities, pedagogy, sciences, technology, and social studies.
- The Madrid Science Program, offered in the Fall Semesters, and the Madrid University Studies Program and the Madrid Management Internship Program, both offered in the Spring Semesters, give students the opportunity to take classes at the UAM (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid).