Think Thanksgiving is all about turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy (and let's not forget the cranberry sauce)? Think again. In this video, the chef-owners (and MET alums) of Newton's Comedor show us how to prepare a popular item on their fall menu—Bruselitas Picantes, a brussels sprouts dish.
What’s Up BU?
- Lunch and Discussion: Holy War Past and Present12:00pm
- Monday Meditation12:15pm
- Celebrating Saint Theresa of Avila (1515-2015)4:00pm
- Did the Maccabees Intend to Conquer the Promised Land?7:30pm
- Melodies of the Soul, Then and Now: A Musical Homage to Saint Theresa of Ávila, 1515-20158:00pm
- Baroque Chamber Ensemble8:00pm
- Guest Artist: Augustus Arnone, piano “The Music of Milton Babbitt”8:00pm
This exhibition of work from Wingate Studio in Hinsdale, N.H., commemorates 30 years of artistic production. On view are approximately 50 intaglio prints and books by more than 20 artists, documenting the rich history and creativity of the studio founded by master printer Peter Pettengill in 1985. The exhibition runs through December 13; free and open to the public.
Boston is famous for its neighborhoods, many of them fun, interesting, and easy to get to. BU Today has assembled a guide to several neighborhoods, with helpful lists of where to eat, shop, and hang.