An estimated 50 million Americans now use treadmills. But with 24,000 injuries and 30 deaths from 2002 to 2013, most recently Silicon Valley executive David Goldberg, using them safely is increasingly important. FitRec's Mike Lagomarsine offers some treadmill safety tips here.
What’s Up BU?
- Horn Workshop Recital | Tanglewood Institute10:00am
- Ward's Berry Farmstand & CSA Pickup11:30am
- Stretch and Breathe at FitRec12:15pm
- Percussion Workshop Recital | Tanglewood Institute7:30pm
- String Quartet Workshop Faculty Recital | Tanglewood Institute8:00pm
The 42nd annual Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular features the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra under the direction of Keith Lockhart (Hon.’04), celebrating his 20th anniversary as conductor of both the Pops and the annual July 4 concert on the Charles River Esplanade. Gates open at 9 a.m., the concert begins at 8:30 p.m., and the fireworks start at 10:30 p.m.
BU Today features Boston lunch spots of interest to the BU community. Check out our list of lunchtime tips on Foursquare.