CReM's Darrell Kotton, Gustavo Mostoslavsky, and George Murphy (the CReM brothers) are willing to share their research discoveries with almost anyone. Their unorthodox philosophy is just one of the things they teach the center's next generation of stem cell researchers.
What’s Up BU?
- MFA Graphic Design Thesis ExhibitionAll Day
- American Red Cross Blood Drive11:00am
- Meet the Brewers Night at the Pub5:00pm
- Chef Adam's Vegan Cooking Class5:00pm
- Center for New Music presents a Guest Artist Master Class with Joan Tower, composition6:30pm
- AGNI 79 Launch & Party: Megan Mayhew Bergman, Douglas Bauer, Beth Woodcome Platow, and Ilan Stavans7:00pm
- Global Sustainability Panel7:00pm
- The Boston University Marine Program: Fred Lang Memorial Lecture in Marine Science7:30pm
Carl Safina of the Blue Ocean Institute will give the BU Marine Program Fred Lang Memorial Lecture in Marine Science, Caught in the Same Net: The Ocean & Us. Author of The View from Lazy Point and A Sea in Flames, Safina's work explores how human dignity and the survival of the natural world are increasingly intertwined. Metcalf Science Center, Room 109, 590 Commonwealth Ave; free and open only to the BU community, with a reception following the lecture.
From beekeeping to photography, rocket propulsion to religion, BU has more than 500 student organizations to engage almost any interest. These are just a few.