MED's Bobby Kasthuri thinks a map of the human brain—the so-called connectome—could help explain how our brains develop from childhood and give deep insights into memory and consciousness. But there’s a problem: the map of one mouse brain would consume about two billion gigabytes of storage.
What’s Up BU?
- Coffee with the BUPD12:00pm
- Urban Seminar Series: Teaching the City12:00pm
- African American Studies Film Series: “Stormy Weather”5:00pm
- School of Theology Lowell Lecture, Concert, and Reception5:00pm
- Open House for Project Career5:30pm
- Poetry Reading by Peg Boyers6:00pm
- The Advent of the Anthropocene: Was That the Big Story of the 2oth Century?7:00pm
- All Campus Orchestra8:00pm
Have you ever had a concussion or traumatic brain injury (TBI)? Do you experience difficulties with school because of it? Do you know of someone with a brain injury? Project CAREER is an interprofessional demonstration designed to improve the employment success of undergraduates with TBI. Come to an open house to learn more about the program and services. Sargent College, Room 554, 635 Commonwealth Ave.; free and open to the public.
One Class, One Day
Class by class, lecture by lecture, question asked by question answered, an education is built. This is a series of visits to one class, on one day, in search of those building blocks at BU.