Ashley Farmer has pieced together the stories of unsung black women who helped shape the battle against racial inequality after World War II. The CAS prof’s new book focuses on their contributions as theorists and thinkers, describing what they achieved and what they put at risk: their jobs, their husbands' jobs, their reputations, even their lives.
What’s Up BU?
- Post-Executive Order Know Your Rights Teach-In10:00am
- Sunday Interdenominational Worship Service11:00am
- Marsh Chapel Coffee Hour12:00pm
- Post-Executive Order Know Your Rights Legal Clinic12:00pm
- Boston University Opera: Emmeline2:00pm
- Shakespeare's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING2:00pm
At this event, sponsored by LAW and Global Programs, learn more about how the executive orders may impact international students, resources about your rights and ability to travel, and information about resources in the Boston area, like immigration attorneys, BU organizations involved in immigration issues, and other organizations for reporting violence, discrimination, or hate crime incidents.
BU Today highlights interesting artifacts professors display in their office.