DNA crime scene evidence has a powerful influence on a jury. But the difficulties inherent in DNA analysis, particularly with multiple suspects and degraded samples, can lead to wrongful conviction. Crime labs need new tools to help interpret mixed and degraded DNA evidence. A team of BU forensic scientists is on the case.
What’s Up BU?
- Giving Tuesday at BU11:00am
- Printer's Proof: Thirty Years at Wingate Studio12:00pm
- Willie Cole: AQUAHALLIC12:00pm
- Colloquium: The Maccabees and the Idea of the Promised Land 3:00pm
- GWISE Faculty Panel5:00pm
- Tradition and Innovation 7:00pm
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation7:00pm
- Bach Competition Winner’s Concert8:00pm
The BU Board of Trustees Advisory Committee on Socially Responsible Investing is holding a forum on climate change, part of an ongoing discussion on socially responsible investing. Speakers are Adil Najam, Pardee School of Global Studies dean, Anthony Janetos, Pardee Center for the Study of the Longer-Range Future director, and Madhu Dutta-Koehler, a MET associate professor. RSVP here.
BU Today features Boston lunch spots of interest to the BU community.