What’s Up BU?
- Pardee House Seminar, "The Future of Urban Housing: Enhancing Energy Efficiency"12:00pm
- National Postdoc Appreciation Ice Cream Social1:00pm
- Stand Out with Study Abroad: Translating Your Global Experience for an Internship or Job3:00pm
- A Conversation with Mayor Menino4:00pm
- Lobster Night Dinner5:00pm
- National School Backpack Awareness Day5:30pm
- Friends Speaker Series with Author & Political Satirist Christopher Buckley6:00pm
The Friends of the Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Center at BU hosts noted political satirist and author Christopher Buckley for a talk about his life and career. Buckley was awarded the Thurber Prize for American Humor and the Washington Irving Medal for Literary Excellence. Metcalf Ballroom, George Sherman Union, second floor, 775 Commonwealth Ave.; free admission for BU students and Friends members, $25 for all others.
Boston is famous for its neighborhoods, many of them fun, interesting, and easy to get to. BU Today has assembled a guide to several neighborhoods, with helpful lists of where to eat, shop, and hang.
A guide to eating, shopping, and sightseeing
A guide to eating, shopping, and sightseeing a short distance from BU
A guide to eating, shopping, and sightseeing in Boston’s “Little Italy”