Annual Merit Process
As of June 1, 2018 the Annual Merit processes for Faculty and L2324 is open and available for planning through the BUworks Portal.
|Planning Deadlines for the L2324 and Faculty Merit Process|
|L2324 Staff||June 27, 2018|
|Charles River Faculty||June 15, 2018|
|Medical Campus Faculty||July 6, 2018|
New for the 2018 Faculty and L2324 Merit Planning Process
We are pleased to announce several changes to the ECM system and the planning processes. These changes are the result of feedback from users gathered during the 2017 L2324, Faculty, and Staff review cycles.
Please note: a technical solution to display a static guideline was not achievable prior to the start of this cycle. Similar to last year, guidelines displayed on the planning and overview screens will continue to show changes during the process. While the team will continue to work toward a technical solution for future cycles, the following will apply for 2018’s Faculty and L2324 cycle:
- Guidelines for recommending increases will be considered static throughout the planning process and will be considered not affected by transfers, termination or changes to employee salaries.
- Each area should review and record their unit’s initial guideline by June 8th and should adhere to that guideline.
- If needed, the offices of the Provost, Budget, and Human Resources will all have the correct guideline figure for any area needing to confirm.
Planning Overview for Recommenders
- Faculty and L2324 Merit Recommenders now have access to the Planning Overview screen which is shown below. This access provides a clearer view of the overall spend and individual unit planning statuses for an area versus the individual org unit seen in the worksheet view.
Eligibility Report available to all ECM users
- The Faculty or L2324 Eligibility Report can be used to: review the eligibility of the employees in an org unit prior to and during the Merit process and then easily identify employees that might need to be included or excluded from your department’s planning cycle.
Salary History Report
The following updates have been made to the last year’s Salary History Report:
- Addition of a Master Cost Center field
- Display the title of an Org Unit rather than just the code
- Employee name has been separated into First and Last Name
- Non-Exempt employees are displayed with annualized figures
Compensation Statement Availability for ECM users
- Compensation Statements are now available not only to Managers, but to all Recommenders and Approvers.
- Statements for hourly-paid employees now show increases as annualized amounts, which is consistent with the new worksheet updates.
We welcome your continued feedback as we work to make the system and process as streamlined as possible. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments concerning the 2018 Merit process please do not hesitate to contact the Compensation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details on each review’s guidelines, dates, frequently asked questions and training materials are available each cycle’s specific web page: