Local 2324–Represented Employees
The Performance Evaluation Policy
In accordance with Boston University’s collective bargaining agreement with Local 2324, UAW, performance appraisals are conducted annually for all eligible Local 2324–represented employees.
Supervisors, in consultation with their Department Heads, are responsible for completing a Boston University Performance Appraisal Form designated for L2324 represented employees who meet the service criteria of having been hired on or before January 1, 2014 and completed the probationary period during the evaluation year. Only employees who are actively employed on the effective date of the increase will be eligible for the performance increases. The Manager/Supervisor will conduct a performance evaluation meeting with each employee. Department heads are responsible for ensuring that employees have been appropriately evaluated.
Performance Appraisals and Performance Awards
Schedule For L2324 Employees
Effective June 30, 2014
- Beginning May 9, 2014 - Human Resources distributes Performance Appraisal Spreadsheets and Unit Performance Award Pools to Deans and Vice Presidents and provides training to Supervisors as requested. The Performance Appraisal forms and Training Manuals will be available on the Human Resources website at www.bu.edu/hr. Deans, Directors and Department Heads manage the process to ensure that appraisals are fair and accurate, performance increases are equitable and the performance pool is not exceeded.
- Prior to May 30, 2014 - Supervisors will complete the Performance Appraisal forms, and after consultation with their Dean, Director or Department Head will meet with their employees.
- Prior to June 6, 2014 - Deans and Vice Presidents compile the completed Performance Appraisal Spreadsheets with total performance scores and increases recommended for their schools and returns them to Human Resources.
- Prior to June 30, 2014 - Human Resources sends Performance Award Increase Notifications to Vice Presidents and Deans so that employees can be notified of their increases.
- June 30, 2014 - New rates, including general increase and performance increase, if applicable, are effective. Human Resources will enter the increases into the payroll system. The new rates will be reflected in the July 11, 2014 paychecks.
- Prior to July 1, 2014 - Signed Performance Appraisal forms are returned to the Office of Human Resources for filing.
Human Resources has created a training manual to help supervisors use the Performance Evaluation Program as effectively as possible. The manual includes:
- Introductory material
- Initiating the performance appraisal process
- Frequently asked questions and their answers
- Sample appraisal forms
- Evaluation process checklist
- Information on creating a successful performance review meeting
- Performance Appraisal Training Manual for L2324 Represented Employees
Contact Human Resources for more information.
Your Human Resources Consultant will also review the process with you and answer any questions.
Performance Appraisal Forms
Click below to get to the performance appraisal form.
- Performance Appraisal for Employees Represented by L2324: The performance appraisal form is used for staff represented by Local 2324
Assistance and Questions
For assistance with completion of the forms and for assistance with employee performance issues, please contact your Human Resources Consultant.