Mothers should survive childbirth so they and their babies can flourish.
People with diabetes should have access to life-saving insulin.
HIV-positive moms and dads should live to enjoy their grandchildren.
Global health has achieved dramatic reductions in preventable illness, injury and death. But there is still much to do. Our faculty, staff, and students are at the forefront of the global push towards the world’s Sustainable Development Goals--we are looking forward and acting now to eliminate poverty, inequity, and preventable illness and death by 2030.
We collaborate with communities, governments, scientists, and international development partners to improve the health of populations.
Students & Alumni
We train future global health leaders through classroom and field-based experiences. DGH alumni are working around the world: improving government policies, promoting social justice, and increasing access to education, economic opportunity, and health services.
Over two decades we have built partnerships in Boston, China, Ghana, India, Mexico Vietnam, South Africa, Zambia, and elsewhere. These relationships drive our research, advocacy, and commitment to the communities where we work.
Global Health at a glance
Peer-Reviewed Articles Annually
Funding Agency Awards Annually
Affiliated Degree Programs
Affiliated Academic Programs
BU School of Public Health graduate degree programs provide
sstudents with specialized training in both the theory, research, and practice of global health.Students pursuing a Master's degree in Public Health (MPH) and have an interest in global health may choose to obtain a functional certificate learning to design and implement rigorous field-based projects and conducting monitoring activities in developing and developed countries. Doctoral in Public Health (DrPH) candidates learn to develop, implement, and evaluate national and global public health programs and policies.
MPH DRPH MS in Population Health Research Request Information Apply Now
Global Health News
HIV Drug May Be Linked to Increased Risk of Hypertension
RSV, Flu, and COVID-19: Understanding Today’s ‘Tripledemic’
Antibiotic Misuse in India Could Exacerbate Drug Resistance
We Have the Potential to Prevent Endemic Monkeypox
Global Health in the Media
Global Health Latest Publications
- Published On 3/1/2023Cost-effectiveness of low-dose aspirin for the prevention of preterm birth: a prospective study of the Global Network for Women''s and Children''s Health Research.The Lancet. Global healthread at PubMed
- Published On 2/18/2023Travel-associated extensively drug-resistant typhoid fever: a case series to inform management in non-endemic regions.Journal of travel medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 2/16/2023Assessing the relationship between operationally defined zero-dose communities and access to selected primary healthcare services for children and pregnant women in emergency settings.PloS oneread at PubMed
- Published On 2/15/2023Cross-municipality migration and spread of tuberculosis in South Africa.Scientific reportsread at PubMed
- Published On 2/10/2023Effects of Antibiotic Interaction on Antimicrobial Resistance Development in Wastewater.bioRxiv : the preprint server for biologyread at PubMed