Mothers should survive childbirth so they and their babies can flourish.
People with diabetes should have access to life-saving insulin.
HIV-positive moms and dads should live to enjoy their grandchildren.
Global health has achieved dramatic reductions in preventable illness, injury and death. But there is still much to do. Our faculty, staff, and students are at the forefront of the global push towards the world’s Sustainable Development Goals--we are looking forward and acting now to eliminate poverty, inequity, and preventable illness and death by 2030.
We collaborate with communities, governments, scientists, and international development partners to improve the health of populations.
Students & Alumni
We train future global health leaders through classroom and field-based experiences. DGH alumni are working around the world: improving government policies, promoting social justice, and increasing access to education, economic opportunity, and health services.
Over two decades we have built partnerships in Boston, China, Ghana, India, Mexico Vietnam, South Africa, Zambia, and elsewhere. These relationships drive our research, advocacy, and commitment to the communities where we work.
Global Health at a glance
Peer-Reviewed Articles Annually
Funding Agency Awards Annually
Affiliated Degree Programs
Affiliated Academic Programs
BU School of Public Health graduate degree programs provide
sstudents with specialized training in both the theory, research, and practice of global health.Students pursuing a Master's degree in Public Health (MPH) and have an interest in global health may choose to obtain a functional certificate learning to design and implement rigorous field-based projects and conducting monitoring activities in developing and developed countries. Doctoral in Public Health (DrPH) candidates learn to develop, implement, and evaluate national and global public health programs and policies.
MPH DRPH MS in Population Health Research Request Information Apply Now
Global Health News
Hispanic, Black, and Low-Income Adults Are Less Likely to Replace Smoking with Vaping
HIV Drug May Be Linked to Increased Risk of Hypertension
Average Pregnancy Length in the US Is Shorter than in European Countries
RSV, Flu, and COVID-19: Understanding Today’s ‘Tripledemic’
Antibiotic Misuse in India Could Exacerbate Drug Resistance
We Have the Potential to Prevent Endemic Monkeypox
Global Health in the Media
Global Health Latest Publications
- Published On 3/14/2023Attrition from HIV treatment after enrollment in a differentiated service delivery model: A cohort analysis of routine care in Zambia.PloS oneread at PubMed
- Published On 3/14/2023Sociodemographic Differences in e-Cigarette Uptake and Perceptions of Harm.American journal of preventive medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 3/11/2023Cost and outcomes of routine HIV care and treatment: public and private service delivery models covering low-income earners in South Africa.BMC health services researchread at PubMed
- Published On 3/7/2023Taiwan''s National Health Insurance at the Emergency Department following the COVID-19 outbreak.Public health nursing (Boston, Mass.)read at PubMed
- Published On 3/6/2023Associations between mortality from COVID-19 and other causes: A state-level analysis.PloS oneread at PubMed