Welcome to the Student Employment Office!
We are the comprehensive resource for all matters related to student employment at Boston University, whether you are a student, supervisor, payroll coordinator or off-campus employer.
- NEW: Effective July 1, 2015, some Boston University student employees are now entitled to earn paid sick time. Procedures for applying for paid sick time and accrual information may be found here.
- Students who work at Boston University are not permitted to work during scheduled class time. Each semester, once your class schedule is finalized, you should confirm with your supervisor that your work schedule does not conflict with your class schedule.
- Students accessing salary statements and/or signing up for direct deposit will automatically be enrolled in Duo Security, a high security login process.
- Check out the process for signing up for Direct Deposit and accessing student salary statements!
Supervisors and Payroll Coordinators:
- NEW: Effective July 1, 2015, some Boston University student employees are now entitled to earn paid sick time, as noted in June 26 email from Vice President Pohl. Procedures for paying paid sick time and accrual information for supervisors and payroll coordinators have been added to our website.
- The Summer FICA policy is now posted. Please be sure that students and supervisors are aware of this policy. The first summer pay date for weekly salaried students is May, 8. The first summer pay date for hourly paid students is May, 29.
- The latest edition of the Student Payroll News is now posted. Please read for important information of Student Employment level terminations, salary adjustments and more.
- Important information about completing and submitting the Form I-9 may be found here.
- It is important to remember that it is your responsibility to confirm with any student working in your department that his/her work schedule does not conflict with the student’s class schedule. Students may not work during scheduled class time.