- Do not cancel your bank account until you have received your final payment.
- Download and save your W-2s from your time as a student employee.
- Download and save your last salary statement from each year that you worked as a student employee.
- An easy way to save your salary statements from any point of working:
MyBUWorks > My Paystubs > Click on desired Pay Period > Click “Open as PDF” in bottom right hand corner
- This will save the pay statement as a PDF onto your computer!
- Update your address.
- Any official documents from the University will be sent to this address, including the W2 from the year you last worked.
- Check out the WorkNumber for employment and income verification requests.
- Ask your supervisor(s) for job descriptions.
- Ask your supervisor(s) for recommendations.
- Ask your supervisor(s) for an exit interview.
- Download and save your 1042-s statements.
- Your W-2s and 1042-s will be mailed and will not be available online.
International students must consult with ISSO prior to continuing their employment at the University as a casual or staff employee.Their continued employment at Boston University must meet USCIS regulations, and therefore must be cleared through ISSO before any work is performed. Allowing a student to continue working without ISSO authorization will jeopardize their visa standing.
Students Who Have Already Graduated
Graduated students who continue to work after Commencement must be hired as a temporary or staff employee. In order to be hired as a temporary or staff employee, a student employee’s record must be terminated in SAP.
Supervisors: If you will be hiring an individual who was a student employee into a temporary or staff position, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the termination. The email should include the student name, BUID number, expected hire date and your contact information. Terminations are handled on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will be notified once the termination is complete so you may begin the hiring process with HR.