Summer Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics (SIBS)
If you are an undergraduate with an interest in mathematics, statistics, biology, or health sciences and would like to learn how to apply methods to investigate important health issues, come join us for our highly successful Summer Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics program.
The 2017 program will run from June 5 to July 14. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Priority will be given to applications received before March 6th.
Participants in the six-week program:
- learn the principles of applied biostatistics from recognized experts in the field
- interact daily with award-winning faculty who make learning biostatistics interesting, relevant, and fun
- meet practicing biostatisticians, epidemiologists, and statistical geneticists and learn about their work in small-group interactive settings
- gain hands-on experience working with actual data collected in internationally recognized studies that have been funded by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- learn about opportunities for graduate study and additional training
- explore an ever-growing field that is critically important in studies to improve the world we live in
- participate in a variety of unique Boston experiences (historical sites, cultural and sporting events), meet new people, and have lots of fun
- earn college credit
Costs for housing, tuition, meals, extra-curricular activities, and some travel are covered by the program.
Get more details about the Summer Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics program, faculty and application process:
SIBS Sister Programs
Several SIBS programs around the country are anticipated for Summer 2017. Information on program locations and details will be updated after funding decisions are finalized.