The Boston University School of Public Health (BUSPH) Select Scholars program is a network of leading undergraduate institutions from around the world that create educational opportunities that prepare students to contribute to a healthier global society. The program offers a unique opportunity for outstanding undergraduates with an interest in public health to enroll in a top master’s degree program* and join a cohort of their peers pursuing graduate training in public health. The program provides early immersion in public health, giving students the opportunity to explore different options available in the field, and connecting them with mentors for academic and career advising.
BUSPH Select Scholars receive:
- Scholarships – In 2024, Select Scholars who apply by their priority deadline of December 1 will receive a scholarship to support 50% of their graduate tuition.
- Early notification – Seniors at Select Scholars schools can apply as early as mid-August to be admitted into the Select Scholars program. As soon as a student applies and has a verified and complete application, they will receive an admissions decision within 2-3 weeks.
- Access to a dedicated admissions representative – Partner institutions will be assigned a BUSPH admissions representative who will visit your undergraduate campus virtually or in person at least twice a year and help steward students through the application process.
- Graduate school preparation – Access to a series of webinars to help Select Scholars determine the best master’s degree for their intended career trajectory, prepare them for graduate-level coursework, introduce the different elements of graduate financial aid, and provide guidance on the many opportunities available to public health professionals.
- Personalized degree consultations – Select Scholars will have access to personalized consultations to help them determine the best master’s degree for their intended career trajectory. Select Scholars will be linked to the relevant faculty program director, who will serve as their key faculty contact throughout their graduate experience.
- Early completion of program requirements – Select Scholars can complete graduate program requirements before leaving their undergraduate institutions, such as the online course, Foundations of Public Health.
- GRE test scores are not required for admissions consideration. For International Students who completed their Bachelor’s degree outside of the United States, official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required, unless the WES ICAP evaluation certifies English as the language of instruction.
- Fee waivers – If you are applying from a Select Scholar institution, you are eligible for an application fee waiver. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Travel funding – Travel provided to attend an Accepted Student event on campus.
Participating Select Scholars Institutions:
American University of Nigeria
American University in Dubai
Bryn Mawr College
Chungnam National University
Delta State University
Franklin & Marshall College
Korea University, College of Health Science
Loyola Marymount University
Roger Williams University
Saint Michael’s College
St. John’s College
Wentworth Institute of Technology
William Paterson University
If you have any questions about applying as a Select Scholar, please email email@example.com.
*Candidates accepted into the Online MPH or Dual Degree Programs are not eligible for Select Scholars benefits.
Interested in becoming a Select Scholar Institution?
If you would like your undergraduate institution to partner with us, please provide your contact information and program(s) of interest to connect with BUSPH team.