Department of Computer Science
Constant evolution in the information technology industry is prompting many professionals to seek additional training to stay competitive or to advance in their careers.
When you study computer science and IT at Metropolitan College, you’ll benefit from the experience of our faculty. Seasoned leaders in a wide range of technology fields, they are committed to teaching the latest technologies within the framework of ideas, concepts, and methods that drive innovation. We consider this dual emphasis on technical skills and theoretical knowledge key to remaining in the forefront of the information technology field.
Established in 1979, the Department of Computer Science at Metropolitan College is the longest-running computer science department at Boston University. The department offers extensive advising to help you identify the subjects you’ll need to achieve your career goals and the schedule you’ll need to keep your job—and stay sane—as you do it. Choose to study full- or part-time, and take advantage of evening course offerings.
- Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems with concentrations in:
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems (blended) with concentrations in:
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems (online) with concentrations in:
- Master of Science in Computer Science with concentrations in:
- Master of Science in Software Development
- Master of Science in Telecommunication with a concentration in:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Advanced Information Technology
- Computer Networks
- Data Analytics
- Database Management & Business Intelligence
- Digital Forensics
- Health Informatics
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- IT Project Management
- Medical Information Security & Privacy
- Software Engineering
- Web Application Development