Take Action to Transform Your Future.
Anticipate. Innovate. Adapt. Solve. These are the actions we take to meet, and overcome, challenges. And these are challenging times for all of us—in the workplace, at home, and out in the world.
Welcome to Boston University’s Metropolitan College (MET), a proudly diverse and inclusive learning community focused on personal and professional advancement. Here, motivated learners from all walks of life have access to the resources and benefits of a leading research university via high-quality academic degree and certificate programs that focus on emerging needs in technology-driven and analytics-enabled professional fields.
Whether you study part-time or full-time, on campus or online, BU MET offers an active, informed approach to education that ensures you have the acumen to turn challenges into solutions. Our programs equip you to anticipate change and adapt to new practices with agility. Our faculty introduce you to the latest innovations and technologies in industry. And our coursework embraces burgeoning resources such as data analytics to ensure that you graduate ready to take on the solutions-oriented roles that companies are recruiting for. A credential from Boston University will transform your future by opening up new opportunities and career paths.
Ideal for busy working professionals who seek credentials and skills they can apply strategically throughout life, the BU MET approach to active learning includes:
- Emphasis on student engagement and collaboration, ensuring that our students and alumni have ample networking events, student activities, and opportunities to connect with BU faculty and industry contacts.
- Dedication to rigor and innovation in the classroom—the College has been at the vanguard of educational technology for close to two decades, integrating multimedia classroom tools in a balanced and thoughtful way, to create an environment that promotes learning—while bridging the distance between student and teacher.
- Experienced full-time and part-time faculty who combine their passion for teaching with distinguished scholarship and research dedicated to solving the real industry challenges.
- A hands-on, practical approach to education and a 15:1 student-to-instructor ratio ensures access to highly individualized student support, from academic advising to career resources and a wide range of other BU services.
- Affordable part-time tuition rates, with access to financial aid, scholarships, and graduate research assistantships that empower students to advance their prospects through scholarly output and the kind of practical research experience sought by employers.
- Highly ranked programs that place us alongside some of the nation’s most elite schools in national rankings polls—underscoring our strong performance in the most competitive and high-growth areas of higher education.
- An inclusive community committed to fostering collaborative, and cooperative relationships between learners, faculty, and our diverse array of outside partners.
As part of a globally renowned university, BU MET can help you accomplish extraordinary things. I invite you to explore our programs and our reputation—I know that you will find the College to be an exciting place to learn, progress, and evolve. In short, we will help you transform your future.
Boston University Metropolitan College