If you are classified by the University as a regular employee, work 50% or more of a full-time schedule and have an appointment of at least nine months’ duration, you and your eligible family members may participate in the Boston University Dental Health Plan starting on the first day of the month coincident with or next following your date of hire depending on your date of hire.
Employees whose percentage time worked decreases below the eligibility requirements for the Boston University Dental Health Plan as of January 1, 2015, will no longer be able to participate in the plan.
Your eligible family members include:
- Your legally married opposite sex or same sex spouse
- Your children under age 26
- Your unmarried, dependent children age 26 and older who are mentally or physically handicapped
There are four levels of coverage available under the Dental Health Plan:
- Individual membership (yourself only)
- Individual plus spouse (you and your opposite sex or same sex spouse as defined in Massachusetts)
- Individual plus child(ren) (you and one or more children)
- Family membership (you and your eligible family members)