Boston Colloquium for Philosophy of Science
2nd Annual Program
- October 26, 1961 | A Model of Mind-Body Relation in Terms of Modular Logic
- November 30, 1961 | Language and the Formation of Concepts
- December 14, 1961 | On the Conceptual Structure of Physics
- February 8, 1962 | Modal Logics I: Foundations
- March 1, 1962 | Modal Logics II: The Formal Analysis of Cultural Objects
- March 22, 1962 | Interpretations of Quantum Theory
- April 26, 1962 | The Falsifiability of Theories…A Contemporary Evaluation of Duhem
- May 10, 1962 | Perception: Language and Perceptual Schemes
A Model of Mind-Body Relation in Terms of Modular Logic
October 26, 1961
Satosi Watanabe, IBM Research Center, Yorktown Heights
Commentator: Marvin Minsky, M.I.T.
Language and the Formation of Concepts
November 30, 1961
Eric H. Lennenburg, Harvard Medical School
- Commentator: Roger Brown, M.I.T.
On the Conceptual Structure of Physics
December 14, 1961
Laszlo Tisza, M.I.T.
Modal Logics I: Foundations
February 8, 1962
Ruth Barcan Marcus, Roosevelt University
- Commentator: Willard von Orman Quine, Harvard University
Modal Logics II: The Formal Analysis of Cultural Objects
March 1, 1962
Alan Ross Anderson, Yale University; O.K. Moore, Yale University
Interpretations of Quantum Theory
March 22, 1962
Ralph Schiller, Stevens Institute of Technology; Armand Siegel, Boston University
- Commentator: Abner Shimony, Boston University and M.I.T.
The Falsifiability of Theories…A Contemporary Evaluation of Duhem
April 26, 1962
Adolf Grunbaum, Pittsburgh University
Commentator: Robert S. Cohen, Boston University and M.I.T.
Perception: Language and Perceptual Schemes
May 10 1962
Noam Chomsky, M.I.T.; Sidney Morgenbesser, Columbia University