Chair ad interim, Global Health
Associate Professor, Global Health
Yale University, JD
- Office: Crosstown Center, CT387
- Phone: 617-414-1443
- Email: email@example.com
Rich is a graduate of the Law School at Yale University, has worked in Georgia, Armenia, Lesotho, the Marshall Islands, Nepal, Romania, Sri Lanka, Surinam, Turkey, Kenya, Zambia, Uganda, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana and Vietnam. His analytic techniques have been used to project patient volume for new hospitals in Europe and Africa. Domestically, Rich has worked for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Medicaid Program. From 1995 to 2001, Rich and colleagues in Health Law worked on a USAID-funded Russian Legal Health Reform Project to help Russian legislators and administrators draft reformed health laws and regulations. As part of this project, they conducted the most extenive household health expenditure survey conducted in Russia up to that time. More recently, he has worked with community health insurance programs in Ghana and Uganda and has researched the impact of HIV/AIDS in Zambia, Namibia and Uganda. His particular interests are health regulation and finance, including health insurance, the management of governmental health agencies and the role of the private sector in developing country health care, particularly the treatment of HIV/AIDS.
- Costs and Outcomes of Delivering Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) in the Private and Public Sectors in Uganda
- Evaluation of Mobile Multi-Disease Screening Clinic (Bophelo!)
- Exploring Public Private Partnerships for the Treatment and Prevention of HIV/AIDS (Associate Award)
- Framework for addressing out-of-pocket and informal payments for health services in the Republic of Moldova
- Impact of HIV/AIDS on Four Sectors in Zambia (Tourism, Agriculture, Health Care, and Judiciary)
- Improving Quality and Access to Health Care through Mobile Health Clinics in Windhoek, Namibia
- Increasing OVC’s Access to Health Care through Expansion of Mobile Clinics in Namibia
- Population, Health, and Nutrition Technical Assistance and Support Contract, 3 (TASC3)
- Private Sector Health Strategy
- Strengthening Health Systems in Armenia
- Supply and Financing of HIV/AIDS Services in Sub-Saharan Africa
- The Impact on Employer Operating Costs of Low-Cost Health Insurance Including an HIV/Treatment Benefit
Health facility and skilled birth deliveries among poor women with Jamkesmas health insurance in Indonesia: a mixed-methods study
BMC Health Services Research. 2017 Feb;.
Rural and Remote Health. 2013 Sep; 13(2380).