The Practicum is a real-world, field-based experience that enables you to put your classroom learning into practice. Practicums can be strategic opportunities to help you to become more marketable in your MPH job search. Note: Often times, organizations use the term “internship” instead of “Practicum”. Students have a lot of flexibility to complete the Practicum to accommodate busy schedules. You can register on a rolling basis anytime throughout the year, and you may complete the required hours over multiple semesters. Additionally, many students may opt to complete some of these hours remotely.
The Career & Practicum Office is here to help in multiple ways:
- Navigate the practicum search, approval and registration process
- Learn about the diverse practicums that SPH students have done in the past
- Explore your career goals, and narrow down the ideal practicum for you
- Focus on skills that will build your resume and make you a “marketable” candidate
- Market yourself during your search, and successfully land a great practicum!
- Check out our Practicum Quick Facts
- Note: For students who matriculated PRIOR to Fall 2016 please contact Joe Anzalone, Senior Manager of Global Practicum, or your curriculum program manager for requirements and registration info.