The Practicum is a real-world, field-based experience that enables you to put your classroom learning into practice. Practicums can be strategic opportunities to help you to become more marketable in your MPH job search. Note: Often times, organizations use the term “internship” instead of “Practicum”.
Students have a lot of flexibility to complete the Practicum to accommodate busy schedules. You can register on a rolling basis anytime throughout the year, and you may complete the required hours over multiple semesters. Additionally, many students may opt to complete some of these hours remotely. The Career Services & Practicum Office is here to help in multiple ways:
- Navigate the practicum search, approval and registration process
- Learn about the diverse practicums that SPH students have done in the past
- Explore your career goals, and narrow down the ideal practicum for you
- Focus on skills that will build your resume and make you a “marketable” candidate
- Market yourself during your search, and successfully land a great practicum!
*Note: For students who matriculated PRIOR to Fall 2016 please contact Joe Anzalone, Senior Manager of Global Practicum, or your curriculum program manager for requirements and registration info.