Global Marketing Management Graduate Certificate
The Global Marketing Management graduate certificate at Boston University’s Metropolitan College introduces innovative marketing concepts, focusing on Internet-enabled approaches combined with the marketing skills necessary for today’s highly competitive and international environment. You will learn Internet-based marketing skills such as web design, SEO, and SEM, and develop an appreciation for the power of social media. Through partnerships with universities around the world, the program offers a truly unique opportunity to take online courses in English with MBA students worldwide, learning about marketing and business in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. In our specially designed international course series, you will learn from partner university professors while engaging with students employed in the region’s corporations. The certificate is truly an exciting opportunity to learn the new marketing skills necessary for competition in today’s highly sophisticated web environment—while engaging with fellow students around the globe.
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Global Marketing Management will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of opportunities offered by the Internet and various digital business strategies and technologies.
- The technical skills to be able to write and put into operation enterprise Internet strategy.
- Skills and abilities necessary to operate in a global environment and use a broad range of innovative marketing techniques.
- Specific marketing skills and related marketing concepts, including social media marketing.
- The knowledge necessary to optimize websites for various search engine functions, and engage in a broad range of innovative marketing techniques.
- Knowledge and expertise of international marketing and management that enables successful competition in the global economy.
Graduate Certificate in Global Marketing Management Program Options
Available on campus and in the following format:
- Blended: By combining the convenience of online study and the dynamic of face-to-face learning, the blended format provides added flexibility and new avenues of opportunity for those with demanding schedules.
Transfer of Credits to Degree Programs
Individuals considering using graduate certificate courses toward the Master of Science in Administrative Studies (MSAS) or the MS in Global Marketing Management (MSGMM) must:
- Apply to the MSAS or MSGMM program prior to completing two courses
- Recognize that grades earned in certificate courses will not be used in the admission decision process
- Meet the department’s academic admission requirements
Prior to starting a certificate course, students are required to submit a certificate application and evidence of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (or the international equivalent).
A 3.0 GPA is required for certificate award, and no course with a grade below B- may be credited toward the certificate.
(Four courses/16 credits)
MET AD 648 Ecommerce
The course provides a detailed examination of the history of e-commerce, along with important concepts related to the ways that businesses can successfully use Internet and Web technology. Students are introduced to the concepts and problems associated with electronic commerce. Topics include comparison of e-commerce procedures, payment mechanisms, applications in different industry sectors, security, the challenges of starting and maintaining an electronic business site, as well as a comparison with traditional business practices. The development of a WordPress-themed website is a minor feature of the course. 4cr. [ 4 cr. ]
|D1||IND||Page||SAR 104||R||12:30 pm – 3:15 pm|
|D2||IND||Appeltans||CAS 201||R||6:00 pm – 8:45 pm|
MET AD 737 Innovative Marketing Techniques
Prereq: MET AD648
This course will provide you with the theoretical understanding of the Internet marketplace necessary to adapt to its many changes, while also equipping you with the skills you'll need to perform vital daily functions. The course includes discussions of both B2B and B2C and looks at marketing and communications from an integrated, business-wide perspective. The goal is to appreciate principles and practice of online marketing. Topics include integrated innovative marketing strategy, search engine marketing, email marketing, and social media. 4cr. [ 4 cr. ]
|A1||IND||Goncalves||CAS 229||M||6:00 pm – 8:45 pm|
|C2||IND||Lee||CGS 515||W||2:30 pm – 5:15 pm|
Plus two additional Administrative Sciences graduate courses, chosen with an advisor’s approval.
View all Administrative Sciences graduate courses.