Program at a Glance
- Online and On Campus
- Full-Time or Part-Time Study
- 16 Credits
- 8–12 Months to Completion
- No GRE/GMAT
- Tuition & Fees—Part-Time Study*: $15,400
*Based on 2023–2024 Boston University tuition and fees.
Prepare for Careers in Global Marketing
Offered online and on campus, the Graduate Certificate in Global Marketing Management at Boston University’s Metropolitan College (MET) introduces innovative marketing concepts, focusing on internet-enabled approaches combined with the marketing skills necessary for today’s highly competitive and international environment. The Global Marketing Management certificate is truly an exciting opportunity to learn sophisticated digital marketing skills while engaging with fellow students around the globe.
The Global Marketing Management certificate program will help you develop valuable internet-based marketing skills such as ecommerce principles, web design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Search Engine Marketing (SEM), and develop an appreciation for the power of social media and platform business models. Through partnerships with universities around the world, the program offers a truly unique opportunity to take online courses in English with management students worldwide, learning about marketing and business in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. In our specially designed international course series, you will learn from partner university professors while engaging with students employed in the region’s corporations.
BU’s Graduate Certificate in Global Marketing Management is good preparation for jobs such as social media executive, digital marketing specialist, customer development manager, consultant, marketing specialist, project manager, global brand specialist, production reporting manager, sales manager, customer service director, marketing strategist, international trade specialist, and graphic designer, among others.
MET's online master's degrees in management are ranked #6 in the nation
2024 U.S. News & World Report RankingsLearn More
Accredited member of AACSB International
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of BusinessLearn More
Receive more details about your program of interest.Learn More
Why Earn a Graduate Certificate in Global Marketing Management at BU?
- Active Learning Environment: BU MET’s Global Marketing Management program focuses on practical, hands-on education, ensuring you are immersed in all aspects of global marketing—education you can apply on the job.
- Engaged Faculty: In BU MET’s Global Marketing Management master’s program, you benefit from working closely with highly qualified faculty who draw from active research and substantial professional achievements in areas such as marketing strategy, relationship management, information economics, digital markets, international business and trade, ecommerce, marketing analytics, data mining, and more.
- International Perspective: To enhance skills in leadership, logistics, and cross-cultural communication, several online courses are offered with BU’s international partner universities in Europe, Latin America, and Asia. Interact directly with peers and professionals at some of the world’s top business schools, participating in management and marketing classes, discussion groups, and projects conducted by partner university professors.
- Extensive Network: Study principles of finance alongside peers with solid business experience, learn from faculty who have valuable business contacts, and benefit from an alumni community with strong professional connections.
- Complimentary Analytics Labs: Two levels of self-paced analytics laboratories offer access to advanced tools and provide opportunities to hone analytics skills using cases that are populated with realistic data.
- 15:1 Class Ratio: Enjoy an exceptional student-to-instructor ratio, ensuring close interaction with faculty and access to support.
- Valuable Resources: Make use of Boston University’s extensive resources, including the Center for Career Development, Educational Resource Center, Fitness & Recreation Center, IT Help Centers, Mugar Memorial Library, Center for Antiracist Research, Howard Thurman Center for Common Ground, George Sherman Union, Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science & Engineering, and many others.
- Flexible Options: Study at the pace that works for you, evenings on campus or fully online. Courses begin fall, spring, and summer; online courses have two starts per term.
- Track Record: Learn from the best—since 2014, BU MET’s part-time master’s programs in business and management have been ranked among the top in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Understand the Concepts of Global Marketing Management
The Graduate Certificate in Global Marketing Management and the MS in Global Marketing Management (MSGMM) are available through the Department of Administrative Sciences, which offers a variety of evening and online degrees and certificates to help you remain competitive in business and management and rise to the top of your field. Focusing on providing industry-specific programs that are innovative, scholarly, challenging, interdisciplinary, and practically focused, our mission is to produce critical and innovative thinkers—broad in perspective, international in attitude, skilled in communications—who are competent, capable, and comfortable in their ability to make strategic decisions either alone or in teams, and practiced in using the tools necessary to compete in their specialization. We prepare students to succeed in a global environment, within a professional and ethical framework.
Graduate with Expertise
Metropolitan College’s Global Marketing Management graduate certificate will equip you with:
- Understanding of opportunities offered by the internet and various digital business strategies and technologies.
- The technical skills to be able to write and put into operation enterprise internet strategy.
- Skills and abilities necessary to operate in a global environment and use a broad range of innovative marketing techniques.
- Specific marketing skills and related marketing concepts, including social media marketing, platform marketing, artificial intelligence (AI) business models, reputation management, and data analytics, that can help update both domestic and international marketing strategies and operations.
- The knowledge necessary to optimize websites for various search engine functions, and engage in a broad range of innovative marketing techniques.
- Knowledge and expertise of international marketing and management that enables successful competition in the global economy.
BU MET graduate certificate programs can serve as building blocks to a master’s degree. The Graduate Certificate in Global Marketing Management shares specific courses with the MS in Global Marketing Management. Students currently enrolled in a graduate certificate who are interested in transitioning into a master’s degree should contact their academic advisor to declare their interest in this pathway. A new master’s degree application is not required. Connect with a graduate admissions advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this option.
Graduate Certificate in Global Marketing Management Curriculum
(Four courses/16 credits)
MET AD 648 Ecommerce
MET AD 737 Innovative Marketing Techniques
Plus two additional Administrative Sciences graduate courses, chosen with an advisor’s approval.
The following are some of the elective courses allowed with advisor approval:
MET AD 654 Marketing Analytics
MET AD 688 Web Analytics for Business
MET AD 708 Contemporary Issues In Public Finance
MET AD 719 Fixed Income Analysis
MET AD 680 Global Supply Chains
MET AD 760 International Trade and Logistics
MET AD 763 Multinational Finance and Trade
MET AD 510 Mathematics & Statistics in Management
MET AD 782 Project Value Strategies
Digital & Neuromarketing:
MET AD 576 Social Media Marketing
MET AD 601 Digital Platforms and Quantitative Marketing
MET AD 619 Applied Neuromarketing Research and Ethics
MET AD 755 Doing Business in North America
MET CM 726 Strategic Brand Solutions
Global Marketing Management Faculty
View All Faculty
Tuition & Financial Assistance
Competitive TuitionOur part-time rates are substantially lower than those of the traditional, full-time residential programs yet provide access to the same high-quality BU education.
Comprehensive Financial AssistanceOur services include scholarships, graduate loans, and payment plans.
How Much Does This Program Cost?
BU MET programs offer the flexibility of part-time study, either on campus or online. Tuition, fees, and total program cost are determined by enrollment status. Course enrollment in this certificate program is 1–2 courses (4–8 credits) in a semester, and tuition is charged the part-time per-credit rate.
Global Marketing Management Graduate Certificate (Online and On Campus)
|Courses per Semester
|Time to Degree
|Fees per Semester*
|Total Degree Cost*
*Based on 2023–2024 Boston University tuition & fee rates.
**Cost per credit is determined by course number (100–599 = $535/credit, 600–999 = $955/credit).
News & Events
March 18th, 2024 at: 10:30am - 11:00am
The Inside Scoop: Tips for Submitting Your Graduate Admissions Application
April 2nd, 2024 at: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Looking to the Future of Prison Education
April 3rd, 2024 at: 6:00pm - 6:45pm
Graduate Admissions Webinar