The Terrier Card Office is currently operating out of the Housing Office at 25 Buick Street, Mondays through Fridays from 9 am – 5 pm. For any questions please contact us via email at (Please include your BU ID number)

Terrier Card pick up is by appointment only, please contact our office to coordinate a time to pick up your card.

The Terrier Card is the official Boston University student and staff identification card.

New undergraduate and graduate students on the Charles River Campus upload their Terrier Card ID photo, see photo upload procedure and guidelines. For Terrier Card pick up information, click here.

Medical Campus students, please contact the Medical Campus ID office located at 650 Albany Street. For more information, you may call 617-358-7603 or email

If you are a new student, you will be issued your Terrier Card upon arrival at your check-in location. Your Terrier Card is used for swipe access into residence and dining halls, as well as for on-campus purchases using Dining and Convenience Points.

Terrier Card Replacements

If you lose or damage your Terrier Card, we can make you a replacement card using a contactless procedure. Please note there is a replacement fee of $40 for each new card.

To request your replacement Terrier Card:

Once we review your completed form and photo upload, you will be contacted by TCO staff to schedule a pick up time for your Terrier Card.

Contact Information

Charles River Campus
Terrier Card Office
25 Buick Street, 1st Floor
Open Monday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm (except on observed University holidays)