Terrier Card ID Photo Upload Procedure and Guidelines
The following procedure is for uploading your Terrier Card ID photo. This option is only available to undergraduate and graduate students on the Charles River Campus. If you have previously taken a photograph at Boston University, you must still upload a new photo.
Medical Campus students, please contact the Medical Campus ID office located at 710 Albany Street. For more information you may call 617-358-7604 or email email@example.com.
Terrier Card Center requires Duo authentication. If you haven’t setup Duo yet, do that before proceeding. For more information about Duo click here.
Terrier Card Center requires a desktop PC or Macintosh; mobile devices are not supported at this time.
- Once there, sign in with your Kerberos ID and password and authenticate with DUO.
Add your BU Email
- From the main menu, select [Notification Preferences].
- A new window will open. Click on the plus sign on the email line and add your BU email. i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org. It is optional to add your phone number.
- Once you are done, click [Save].
Submit an image of your government issued identification document
- From the main menu, select [Submit ID Photo].
- A new window will open to allow you to upload your ID photo and an image of your government issued identification.
- Select the [Upload ID] option to upload an image of your government issued photo ID.
- Select [Browse], navigate to your image, and click [Open].
- Make sure the photo has the correct orientation before you complete this process, as you will not have the option to rotate this photo. A blurry or unclear ID image will not be accepted and you will be asked to resubmit. To complete the process, click [Submit].
Submit a photo for your Terrier Card ID
- Select the [Upload Photo] option to upload the photo. (The photo must satisfy the photo requirements according to Photo Upload Guidelines).
- Navigate to the folder where your photo is located, select your photo, and click [Open].
- Using the arrow keys, rotate the photo if necessary. Using the mouse, crop your image and click [Submit] to confirm your photo.
- After reviewing your picture, click [Submit] to upload your photo.
- Once your photo is submitted successfully, it will be placed in a queue to be reviewed.
- If you entered your email, you will receive a notification when your photo is approved or rejected.
- Please wait for a couple of days for the photo to be approved. If denied, please review the photo requirements and resubmit it.
- Once your Terrier Card photo is approved, the government issued ID image will be deleted.
- Your Terrier Card ID will be distributed in the Fall semester.
- Questions may be directed to email@example.com
In order to upload a photo for your Boston University Terrier Card, please follow the guidelines below:
- Have someone else take your photo. No Selfies. We recommend the photo be taken from a distance of about 8 feet. You may zoom to include head and shoulders but do not worry about framing; you will have the opportunity to crop the photo during the upload process.
- Photo must be in color and well-lit. Photo must be taken against a white or light-colored background.
- Submit a high-resolution digital photo that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated.
- Directly face the camera with both eyes open and a neutral facial expression or a natural smile.
- Glasses may be worn if there is no glare or reflection.
- No hats, headgear, sunglasses, headphones, earbuds, face coverings.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for religious purposes, ensure that the hat or head covering in your photo is part of traditional or religious attire worn continuously in public.
- Do not use filters commonly used on social media. Do not edit your photo to remove the background.
In order to receive your Terrier Card, a valid government issued photo ID such as a passport or license must also be uploaded. A blurry or unclear ID image will not be accepted and you will be asked to resubmit.