BU Housing provides uniformed security coverage 24-7 at the main entrances of the large residences to make sure only authorized residents enter. Students must show their Terrier Cards to the security assistant each time they come in, so keep your card with you at all times.
The small dormitory-style and apartment-style residences are swipe access using your Terrier Card. In some buildings where swipe access is not available, students are provided with a front door key.
When it comes to guests, particularly at the large residence halls, here are a few things you should know:
- When someone visits a resident, the guest must call the resident when arriving at the security desk.
- The resident must meet any guest at the security desk where the resident’s Terrier Card will be presented to sign in the guest.
- All guests must leave a photo identification card at the security desk.
- No more than three guests per student are permitted at any time.
- Guests must be signed in and escorted by the resident at all times.
If you’d like more information on our guest policy, find more details in the Boston University Lifebook.