How to Apply
Secure your spot on BU’s campus this summer.
Full-time continuing BU students and those registered for Boston University Summer Term courses or a Boston University–recognized special summer program can live on campus for both summer sessions or separate summer sessions.
The Summer Housing application will launch March 1, 2021, via the My Housing portal.
To reserve on-campus housing, complete your summer application by:
- Friday, April 16, 2021, for Summer Session 1 or Sessions 1 & 2, or
- Friday, June 4, 2021, for Summer Session 2
We’ll still accept housing materials and your Housing Guarantee Payment after the deadlines listed above; however, residence assignments will be made in the order of date received, on a space-available basis.
Plan ahead for your best summer yet!
Students who submit their housing materials and $200 non-refundable Housing Guarantee Payment by the deadlines above will be emailed their assignment information one week before move-in.
- All assignments are determined by BU Housing, according to available space. Students are assigned according to the date the application is fully submitted (a signed Residence License Agreement and submission of the Housing Guarantee Payment). Students can identify housing preferences, but we can’t make a guarantee of a specific location or room.
- Accommodations are available in both dormitory-style and apartment-style residences, which vary in size and design. A limited number of single-occupancy rooms are available too.
- Both summer residences (10 Buick Street apartments and Myles Standish Hall) are air-conditioned. For more information, check out the Air-Conditioned Housing Options page. Students may not bring their own air conditioners of any kind into the residences.
- Gender-Neutral Housing is available during the summer months. More information can be found on our Gender-Neutral Housing Summer Session page.
- If you live on campus during the academic year, we can’t guarantee that you can remain in your current residence for the summer. We will do our best, however, to accommodate your interests, provided your residence is in use and available for the first summer session.
- You may be assigned a roommate(s) by BU Housing if you do not request a specific roommate(s) or if your prospective roommate(s) hasn’t submitted the required materials by the time BU Housing makes your assignment.
- Unfortunately, room-change requests cannot be granted during the summer housing period.
- All dormitory-style rooms have a dresser, desk, mattress, bed frame, and chair for each student. Students must bring their own linens, including extra-long twin bed sheets (beds are 80 inches long).
- Apartment-style residences are furnished and equipped with kitchen and bathroom facilities; residents supply their own kitchen utensils, cleaning items, and bathroom supplies.