Learn how to record classroom lectures, meetings, speeches, and other events using the BU-supported Echo360 platform.
What is Echo360?
Echo360 makes it easy for Instructors and departments to record classroom lectures, meetings, speeches, and other events. You can record any combination of audio, video, and what is on your computer screen and easily publish your recordings to the Web with Echo360’s automated features.
Who Can Use It?
Creating content using Echo360 is available to all current Boston University faculty & staff. Students can view content provided by faculty.
Ways to Use Echo360 in the Classroom
- Record a video to explain difficult concepts to students using the Capture tool.
- Easily publish and share content from your existing Echo360 library content.
- Use analytics to see “hotspots” in the video where students re-watch multiple times, or where they stop watching.
- Use interactive features to create engaging multimedia presentations.
- Integrated uploading – publish content to Blackboard Learn.
- Flexible publishing options – use any combination of file types, such as rich media for Web, MP3, QuickTime, streaming video.
- Editable recordings – edit your recording easily within Echo360, before or after publishing.
The recording and publishing process is simplified with Echo360. It works with internal microphones and webcams, as well as external peripherals (microphones, webcams, digital video recorders, etc.). You can record the contents of your computer screen to include anything you show during your presentation (e.g., PowerPoint slides). For scheduled classroom installations, the recordings automatically begin and end at designated times. Archived classroom recordings provide valuable review materials for your students.
Technical Support for Echo360
EdTech offers trainings on using Echo360. For more information or to schedule a one-on-one consultation, email the EdTech team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching Guides & Resources
Email the Center for Teaching & Learning and schedule an appointment today email@example.com.