About Educational Technology
Welcome to Educational Technology
Technology informs, inspires collaboration, and builds community, and the use of educational technology tools support and strengthen the teaching and learning experience at Boston University.
The Educational Technology (EdTech) team is well-versed in teaching as well as technology. Our staff comprises trained educational technologists, some of whom are teaching faculty, and provide training and guidance to BU academic leadership, faculty, and graduate student instructors.
The EdTech team helps all BU faculty and academic staff to learn technological tools for more effective teaching. We offer one-on-one and small group consultation on the use of technology tools to accelerate better student engagement and to support innovative experiments in learning. We work closely with the Center for Teaching & Learning and the Shipley Center to aid in successful design of courses and programs.
Benefits of Working with Educational Technology
Collaboration: Through one-on-one consultation and small group trainings, the EdTech team collaborates with BU leadership and educators and introduces ways to leverage available and emerging learning-centered technologies into a wide range of teaching and learning environments—from the in-person classroom to online programs such as Questrom School of Business' online MBA.
Partnership: To further enhance the teaching and learning experience at BU, Educational Technology leads a variety of learning communities and partners with the Center for Teaching & Learning and DL&I's Shipley Center to inspire effective teaching and promote innovation and experimentation through the use of technology.
Educational Technology services include:
- technology consultation in support of new academic programs
- course transformation consulting services
- consultation for Shipley Center grants
- one-on-one and small group consultations
- expertise specific to BU's educational technology tools
- technology training and troubleshooting
- technology assessment
Collaboration with IS&T
Information Services and Technology offers numerous educational technology platforms that are administered by the EdTech team. Our team works with faculty, graduate student educators, and academic staff to continually enhance the application of the following IS&T technologies:
- Digication e-Portfolio
- MyMedia (Kaltura) – streaming instructional media
- Audience Response Technologies
- Anthology for course evaluations
- Turnitin – originality check and writing feedback
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- G Suite for Education (formerly Google Apps)
- Google Jamboard
- Pronto – real-time chat and community building
- BULB – a plugin for open educational resources
- NVivo – a qualitative research tool
- Classroom Recording with Echo360
- MediaKron for maps and timelines
Connect with a Learning Community
Digital Learning & Innovation is committed to building learning communities and creating gathering places for Boston University's leadership, faculty, and staff technology users to share ideas, meet and connect with colleagues, and discuss platforms designed to improve students’ learning experiences.
Educational Technology, in partnership with the Center for Teaching & Learning, lead a variety of teaching and technology-driven learning communities including:
- For Faculty: Teaching with Technology Faculty Community
- For BU Staff: EdTech Collective
- For Faculty & Staff: AR/VR Community
- For Faculty: Adobe Catalyst Program
All of our communities of practice meet via Zoom or in-person and are supported by Digital Learning & Innovation, Educational Technology, and Center for Teaching & Learning staff.
To request technical support with one of these technologies, please submit a Help Ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with any of the other services listed on this page, please email email@example.com. A member of our team will respond within 24 hours/during regular business hours.
Connect with Us
141 Bay State Road
Boston, MA 02215