Lightning Talks are fast, faculty-driven, and explore innovations in teaching and technology. View the video resource library.
Lightning Talks Video Library
Welcome to the Exploring Innovations in Teaching & Technology Lightning Talks 2021-22 speaker series video library. Co-hosted by Digital Learning & Innovation (DL&I) and The Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL), the Lightning Talks are a reflection and learning forum where Boston University faculty and invited guests identify areas of challenge and opportunity and share strategies for engaging educational experiences in the hybrid and in-person environment. In this expanding video library, you will find complete versions of each topical event as well as individual video presentations.
The series grew out of the shift to remote teaching in Spring 2020 as a way to showcase instructors’ many creative and inspiring approaches and to build faculty community. CTL and DL&I are proud to support peer-to-peer learning through the Lightning Talks, as they bring together a committed coalition of faculty, staff, and students to share pedagogical experiences and ideas.
We invite you to join our community of learners, access 70+ presentations, and engage with the video content.
Deborah Breen, Director, Center for Teaching & Learning
Chris Dellarocas, Associate Provost for Digital Learning & Innovation
- New! Reimagining the Grading Paradigm
- Theme: Engaging Students with Technology Tools
- Theme: Teaching within a Social Justice Framework
- Theme: Anti-racist Pedagogy
- Theme: Class in the Classroom
- Theme: Managing the LfA Experience Part 2
- Theme: Student Voices Part 2
- Theme: Fostering Classroom Community at BU
- Theme: Project-based Learning
- Theme: Assessment & Assignments
- Theme: Student Voices: Successes & Opportunities
- Theme: Managing the LfA Experience
- Theme: Building the Inclusive Classroom
- Theme: Special Cases: Long Block & Large Lecture Classes
- Theme: Hands-on Teaching