Teaching with Technology Community
The purpose of the Teaching with Technology Community group is to create a network for BU faculty to share ideas and learn new approaches to teaching with digital technologies. The group provides an opportunity for faculty members to discuss ways in which technology tools can benefit students’ learning, as well as how to advocate effectively for teaching with technology.
- Meet new friends on campus. Connect with other faculty members who share similar interests and passions. Find a group of faculty members with whom you can talk about teaching experience, students learning outcomes, and new technology used in the classroom.
- Teach. User groups are a rewarding way for you to share your expertise. Someone may have helped you learn about technology; now you can repay the favor while meeting new people and making new contacts.
- Find campus resources. The Internet provides many answers and resources. However, nothing beats the personal connection of meeting with faculty members on campus and exploring the resources that are available on campus.
- Tell the world. Perhaps you’re passionate about the world’s greatest technology. User groups give you the chance to ask questions, share expertise and connect with those who share the same interests in teaching with technology.
The Teaching with Technology Faculty Community meets two-to-three times a semester via in-person and Zoom conferencing. In a casual forum, faculty discuss innovations and challenges in the classroom, share best practices and collaborate on a variety of faculty-facing topics.
Previous Discussions Include:
- How to advocate effectively for teaching with technology and the ways it can benefit our students’ learning?
- What are some ways that you’ve used technology effectively that you’d like to share with the group?
- What difficulties have you encountered in teaching with technology that you’d like others’ insight on?
Join the Conversation!
To connect with the Teaching with Technology Faculty Community, or to share topic discussion suggestions, email AskEdTech@bu.edu.
Dr. Pary Fassihi, Assistant Director
Center for Teaching & Learning
David DeCamp, Educational Technologist
Digital Learning & Innovation