Submit completed forms to:

Office of the University Registrar
881 Commonwealth Avenue
Second Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02215

Registration Form (Fall & Spring)

Contact your School/College’s advising office for information on registration and advising requirements.  Registration Forms will not be processed without the appropriate advisor’s signature.  Please note the University’s Legal Notice regarding class registration.  Visit the Summer Term website for summer information.

Add / Drop Form

Classes may be added on a ‘space available’ basis for approximately two weeks after the start of the semester; see semester dates for specific deadlines. Some Schools require an advisor’s signature for any changes to your schedule; contact the advising office of your School/College for more information.

Personal Data Update Form

Students who do not have access to the Personal Page on the Student Link (Personal tab, Data Restriction option) should use this paper form to update their Directory Information Restriction preferences.
Note: Even after graduation, privacy preferences remain in effect. For example: if a student has restricted the release of their degrees, honors, and awards, the Office of the University Registrar will not confirm degrees earned to prospective employers or any other party without the student’s permission.

Name Change Form

Students who wish to change their name on Boston University Records must submit this form to the Office of the University Registrar along with documentation of a legal name change.

Registration Petition for the Boston Area Consortia

Cross registration is a formal agreement between Boston University and several local colleges and universities whereby BU students can attend courses at other institutions, and students from other institutions can attend courses at BU.

Apostille Request Form

Apostille is a form of authentication issued by the Secretary of State which verifies the authenticity of a document. A document that has been certified with an Apostille is accepted for legal use in all nations that have signed the Hague Convention.

Replacement Diploma Form

A graduate who would like to request a duplicate diploma may order a replacement by filling out the Diploma Replacement Request Form and mailing or faxing it to the Boston University Diploma Office.