Summer Term 2016 Registration is now closed.
Boston University Summer Term 2016
Over the past century, Summer Term at Boston University Summer Term has served thousands of students from around the nation and the world.
- Think Excellence: Boston University is ranked #32 in the world by U.S News & World Report—and many individual BU programs are rated among the best as well. Our faculty are world-class.
- Think Choice: Our extensive selection of undergraduate and graduate courses—more than 700—ensures that you can satisfy your objectives for college, for professional development, or for personal enrichment.
- Think Location: BU is in the heart of Boston—considered the top U.S. city for students by QS Best Student Cities. You can even hear the roar of Fenway Park Red Sox fans from campus.
- Think BU: Be part of a rich legacy—BU continues to have a global influence in science and medicine, journalism, literature, business, civil rights, government and politics, entertainment, broadcasting, popular culture, and sports.
Start thinking about your summer plans today!
Congratulations to Qingru Mirah Xu (ENG) and Eric Lee (COM) who each won a free 2016 summer course!
Where do I start?
- BU Students
- Visiting College Students
- International Students
- Adults & Professionals
- High School Students
Stay in Boston this summer. You’ll find hundreds of popular BU classes in two summer sessions. Whether you wish to advance your studies or focus on a specific interest, you'll enjoy smaller class sizes as well as an intensive format that leaves time to explore a range of exciting summer activities in Boston.
BU Summer Term welcomes visiting students from across the nation. You will find hundreds of academic options along with opportunities such as the Summer Study Internship Program, which balances academics with the experience of an internship—so you can learn in class and on the job.
Imagine summer study in the U.S.—at one of the world’s top teaching and research universities. Reside in the heart of Boston, choose Summer Term courses in one (or both) of our six-week summer sessions, and study with students from all over the States and more than 50 countries.
Looking for professional development or personal enrichment this summer—on a flexible schedule? Summer Term offers hundreds of academic options for visiting students, from evening and blended courses, to graduate program prerequisites, to opportunities for current BU employees.
Benefit from the summer pre-college experience with one of Boston University’s High School Programs. It’s the perfect chance to challenge yourself academically and be part of an exciting social community—at BU.
Boston’s rich history and culture remain evident despite tremendous growth and innovation. Just a short trip away from campus—on foot or by public transportation—you’ll find world-class museums, music venues, theaters, and restaurants. For those who enjoy outdoor activities, Boston offers a multitude of green parks. It’s also easy to access New England’s mountains, beaches, and historic towns. Plus, the BU campus is a stone’s throw from Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. If you like sports, culture, and outdoor activities, this is your town.