Minors for SHA Students

Request Information

Available Minors for SHA Students

At SHA, you can create a valuable career niche for yourself by earning a minor through any school or program at Boston University. For example, you might choose a minor in film & television from the College of Communication or business administration from the Questrom School of Business. Or, to prepare for work in international hotel management or tourism, you could minor in a foreign language from the College of Arts & Sciences.

Of course, your minor doesn’t have to relate to your career in hospitality. Pursue your passion for the violin or dance. Study ancient Greek history. Explore your interest in psychology.

A minor typically consists of a sequence of five or six courses within a single department or field. Make an appointment with the Director of Student Services to discuss the most advantageous path for you.

To declare a minor, you should meet with the appropriate department, and you must complete an official Minor Declaration Form and submit it to our Student Services Office 928 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 104. Your minor will not be officially declared until your form has been processed. Use Handshake to schedule a meeting with the Director of Student Services, Molly-Kate Carven.