Certificate in Computer Science
There is a significant and growing demand for C++ and Java software development specialists. Boston University Metropolitan College’s Certificate in Computer Science provides students with the skills necessary to become part of a C++ or Java development team. Graduates of the program also acquire the background required to enter the software engineering certificate program and the Master of Science in Computer Science degree program.
Students who complete the Certificate in Computer Science will be able to demonstrate:
Knowledge of discrete mathematics, computer architecture, and the programming languages C++ or Java.
- Proficiency in introductory discrete mathematics and algorithms, computer architecture, and the use of common constructs in C++ or Java, including common data structures.
- Competence sufficient to be able to learn more advanced discrete mathematics and algorithms, system architecture, and C++ or Java features.
MET CS 201 Introduction to Programming or equivalent experience.
(Four courses/16 credits)
- MET CS 231 Programming with C++ or
MET CS 232 Programming with Java
- MET CS 248 Discrete Mathematics
- MET CS 341 Data Structures with C++ or
MET CS 342 Data Structures with Java
- MET CS 472 Computer Architecture