Support Services

On this page, you’ll find links to Boston University’s many Support Services offices. If you are having a concern that is not addressed by these links, do not hesitate to contact your Dean, Supervisor, or Human Resources.

Office of the Provost

Office of the Provost: Faculty Affairs. The Office of the Provost serves as the authority on faculty and student affairs at Boston University. For questions regarding one’s development, treatment, or support within the University, feel free to peruse the Faculty Affairs site and contact the staff with questions or concerns not addressed by your Dean or Supervisor. The Office of the Provost strives to provide the utmost support and direction to all faculty at Boston University.

Concerns, Questions, and Issues

Faculty & Staff Assistance Office. The Faculty & Staff Assistance Office offers free and confidential support to BU employees regarding any concerns that affect personal life or work performance. Services are provided for both the CRC and MED campuses.

Office of the Ombuds. The Office of the Ombuds is a confidential, off-the-record independent resource dedicated to problem-solving. The Ombuds can act as a first step for BU faculty and staff with concerns that are unsure where to turn for help. Services are provided for both the CRC and MED campuses.

Helping Students in Distress. Student Health Services has provided a resource on how to assist students in distress. Learning how to identify problems and intervene early can make a considerable difference in helping students find the resources they need.

Family Services

Office of Family Resources. The Office of Family Resources provides resources and services to the families of the Boston University community. Learn more about referral, childcare, and online services.

Babysitting Services. The Office of Family Resources provides a referral service for at-home babysitting for members of the BU community. Learn more about services, options, and costs.

Campus Childcare Centers. The Office of Family Resources has two on-campus childcare centers. Lean more about these centers and their policies.

For other support services, contact Human Resources.