Due to the Memorial Day holiday, there will be no BUS service...
Faculty & Staff Permits
MBTA Monthly Pass
Available passes: Local Bus, LinkPass, Inner/Outer Express Bus, Zone 1A-10, Boat Pass
- Employee MBTA passes are subsidized 50%. Review the different pass types available.
- Employees may deduct up to $270/month pre-tax from their paycheck for transit passes.
- Apply for your MBTA pass online through BUworks under the ‘Employee Self-Service’ tab.
- Your MBTA pass will be mailed via the US Postal Service. Learn more.
- NOTE: The deadline to modify or cancel an MBTA pass order is the tenth of the preceding month.
Available permits: Charles River Bicycle Permit
Medical Campus Parking
Information about parking options on the Medical Campus is available on the separate Medical Campus Parking & Transportation Services website.
- Boston University’s Charles River and Medical Campuses have a reciprocal parking arrangement that allows faculty and staff based on one campus to park their vehicles in designated areas on the opposite (non-home-based) campus, provided they hold one of the permit types identified below. This reciprocal parking agreement does not allow unlimited or overnight parking on the opposite campus for qualified faculty or staff permit holders. View the full agreement.
Travel Services can provide discounts on local travel and assistance with travel arrangements.
- BU Sourcing & Procurement has created BU Travel Services, a division concerning employee travel discounts. Visit their website for discounts on local travel and assistance with travel arrangements.