Frequently Accessed Links
General Faculty Resources
- Faculty Handbook. The Faculty Handbook is a collection of policies that apply specifically to faculty members, related to their unique role(s) in the University.
- Faculty Link. The Faculty Link provides faculty with a gateway to a number of University and Instructor-specific tools. View and search schedules, course descriptions, reports, as well as instructor-specific course lists, course websites, and grading information.
- Faculty/Staff Link. Access to official information about BU students. You must have a SecurID to use this service.
- Faculty Climate Survey
- BU Works. Access to Employee Self-Service portal, including travel and expense reporting through Concur.
- BU Directory. Search for administrative, student, faculty and staff.
- BU Research. Boston University is a forerunner in academic research. Learn more about current research, funding opportunities, and policies.
- Academic Calendar. Calendars for University Vacations and Class Days, as well as LAW, SDM, SPH, and SSW calendars. More information can be found on the Official Academic Calendar.
Technology & Other Educational Resources
- Blackboard Learn. Blackboard Learn is the current edition of Boston University’s Blackboard service, utilized by faculty and students.
- My CV. My CV is a software system that assists Boston University faculty members in collecting and maintaining their scholarly and professional contributions, and completing their Faculty Annual Reports.
- Assessment Systems. Boston University offers scanning and scoring of tests, course evaluations and surveys, as well as data collection and professional forms design. Learn more about your options and costs.
- iTunes U Library. Boston University provides a selection of downloadable media. Use the interface to search, download, and play BU media through iTunes.
- IS&T Teaching Services. IS&T provides a number of Teaching and Learning Technology Services. Learn more about what IS&T can do for you in the classroom.
- Shipley Center. The Shipley Center supports Boston University’s faculty, departments, and schools with technology-enabled educational innovation in their residential courses and programs. Working closely with Educational Technology and the Center for Teaching & Learning, the center aims to celebrate and assist in thoughtful educational experimentation through offering instructional design, digital media production, educational technology discovery, project management, and funding support to faculty and leadership across all three BU campuses.
- HR Training Workshops. Human Resources provides a number of training workshops for Boston University Employees. The Organizational Development (OD) and Learning team will begin providing new programs for employees soon.
- Center for Teaching & Learning. The Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) partners with faculty to cultivate teaching that is inclusive, centered on student learning, and guided by research. They offer individualized consultations, workshops, seminars, and institutes designed to promote critical reflection and experimentation in teaching, including the purposeful use of technologies.
- BU Library. The BU Library comprises 12 main libraries, many small department libraries, and vast online databases and resources.
Support Services for Employees & their Families
- Faculty & Staff Assistance Office. The Faculty & Staff Assistance Office offers free and confidential support to BU employees regarding any concerns that affect personal life or work performance. Services are provided for both the CRC and MED campuses.
- Office of the Ombuds. The Office of the Ombuds is a confidential, off-the-record independent resource dedicated to problem-solving. The Ombuds can act as a first step for BU faculty and staff with concerns that are unsure where to turn for help. Services are provided for both the CRC and MED campuses.
- Helping Students in Distress. Student Health Services has provided a resource on how to assist students in distress. Learning how to identify problems and intervene early can make a considerable difference in helping students find the resources they need.
- Childcare & Family Resources. This site provides resources to the families of the Boston University community. Learn more about referral, childcare, and online services.
- Retired Employees. Human Resources maintains a comprehensive resources for retired and retiring Faculty and Staff. Further questions about Emeritus Faculty should be directed to the individual’s department.
- Dual Career and Relocation Resources. At Boston University, we understand that the decision to join our faculty often involves two careers. Whether your partner is in academia or industry, we want to help.
Alumni Relations Resources
- BU Connects. BU Connects is a platform exclusively for Boston University alumni, students, faculty, and staff that brings Terriers together for personal and professional networking on a global scale.
Faculty Search Committee Resources