Boston University’s annual Sustainability Festival returns for 2021! Connect with groups and...
Category: Transportation News
Boston University’s annual Sustainability Festival returns for 2021! Connect with groups and departments across BU and the Boston area dedicated to sustainability and the environment.
Join us on September 23, 2021, from 11 am – 2 pm at Marsh Plaza on the Charles River Campus
Sustainability is for everyone, so come see what BU and Boston have to offer, including:
- Ways to get involved
- Bike safety info and giveaways
- Farmer’s Market (Charles River Campus)
- BU’s Zero Waste Plan
- Food and activities
Stop by the Parking & Transportation Services table for:
- free bike lights
- free bike bells
- information about discounted Bluebikes memberships
- a chance to win a bike from Landry’s Bicycles!
Get a FREE bike safety check from:
Regular 1BU service resumes on Thursday, September 2. In addition, Comm Ave Loop and Fenway service resumes as well.
Please remember to download the Terrier Transit app for real time shuttle arrivals.
To assist with Move-in activities, Comm Ave Loop service will operate with twenty minute service on Sunday, August 29 from 9:00am to 9:00pm.
Night service will resume this Saturday, August 28 at 7:05pm. Please remember to download the Terrier Transit app for real time shuttle arrivals.
There are some big changes coming on August 2nd with the start of the 2021-2022 Parking Permit year:
- We are shifting entirely to "Virtual Parking Permits." Your license plate is now your credential. No need to pick up a sticker and display it in your windshield!
- All parking permits will be managed via the new Transportation Management Portal (TMP). This includes ordering permits, canceling permits, and updating vehicle information.
- Some permit names are changing. The "Green Permit," for instance, is now the "Commuter Permit" and the "Daily Parking Program"/"Red Permit" is now the "Flex Permit."
- Daily parking (via the Flex Permit) will get much easier. Instead of paying with a credit card and being restricted to six garages, Flex Permits are now payable via pre-tax payroll deduction and allow for parking campus-wide.
- The Transportation Management Portal is open NOW for ordering of 2021-2022 employee permits and will open soon for students, too!
Remember: employee permits expire on August 1st.
To continue parking on campus from August 2nd onward, you MUST log in to the Transportation Management Portal to order a new permit.
Learn more on our Employee Parking Permit webpage.
- Thursday July 29th, 10:00am
- Wednesday, August 11th, 1:00pm
- Wednesday, August 25th, 4:00pm
Due to the observance of Independence Day, there will be no BUS service on Monday, July 5.
Due to the Memorial Day holiday, there will be no BUS service on Monday, May 31st.
Walking between most destinations on the Charles River Campus usually takes under 20 minutes.
Utilize one of the six convenient Bluebikes stations along the Charles River Campus to travel around campus as well as to and from the ceremony.
Special Commencement shuttle service will be offered on Sunday, May 16, 7:00am – 5:00pm. Shuttles will service all stops below every ten minutes at the beginning of service and then every five minutes beginning at 11:00am until the end of service.
|#1 Commonwealth @ Pleasant Street||#4 Commonwealth @ Silber Way|
|#2 Commonwealth @ Saint Mary’s Street||#5 Commonwealth @ Saint Mary’s Street (Marsh Plaza)|
|#3 Commonwealth @ Blandford Street||#6 Commonwealth @ Buick Street|
- Face coverings are required while riding the BU Shuttle (per statewide order)
- Shuttle doors are one way
- Front doors: boarding ONLY
- Rear doors: exit ONLY
- Shuttle capacities are limited – Seats have been blocked to maximize distancing. 20 passengers on 40′ buses, 31 passengers on 60′ buses (driver may limit boarding)
For those using ride share services or being dropped off, in order to avoid traffic on Commonwealth Avenue, please ask your driver to drop you off at 250 Pleasant Street, Brookline MA. This location is across the street from the Agganis Way entrance to Nickerson Field. (see map)
After the ceremony, for those being picked up or picking up your party, please proceed to our corporate partner Sullivan Tire at 950 Commonwealth Avenue. Limited live parking will be available, and any cars left unattended will be towed as parking is strictly forbidden in this lot. Please wait with your car until your party crosses the street after Commencement.
Campus parking is limited and subject to availability. Parking will be available at the below locations.
Accessible parking will be available at the Agganis Arena Garage, 925 Commonwealth Avenue (Enter on Buick Street) and will provide direct access to the East Elevators to provide access to Commonwealth Avenue.
- Agganis Arena C-2 Lot, 925 Commonwealth Avenue (Enter on Buick Street)
- Langsam Garage, 142 Gardner Street
- Buick Street Lot & Garage, 25 Buick Street
- CFA Lot, 855 Commonwealth Avenue
- Essex Street Garage & Lot, 148 Essex Street (Brookline)
- 766 Commonwealth Avenue Lot, 766 Commonwealth Avenue
- Upper and Lower Bridge Lot, 1 University Road
Note: Faculty and staff are asked to use the following parking lots east of the BU Bridge which include:
- 766 Commonwealth Avenue Lot (87 spaces) (766 Commonwealth Avenue)
- Upper and Lower Bridge Lots (109 spaces) (1 University Road)
- 730/750 Commonwealth Avenue Garage (138 spaces) (730/750 Commonwealth Avenue)
Faculty and staff with Accessible Permits will continue to have access to ADA parking spaces in all lots and garages.
Remember: BU only allows those who live/work/study over the summer to continue using bike rooms. Bikes without summer bike room use authorization will be cleared out of bike rooms 6/7-6/11.
All access to secure bike rooms will expire on 5/31/21.
Authorization for summer use of bike rooms can be requested through our Transportation Request Form.